indianface (Small).JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 910
OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
This is the whole area. Located about 4 miles E of indian head.

Attachments

• holewithbothhearts.JPG
    holewithbothhearts.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,019
OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
This is in Sandstone on a flat spot. I can't imagine it being in sandstone & being to old. Interesting though.

Attachments

• heartw7.JPG
    heartw7.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,025
OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
The heart with the 7 in the middle of it. I would have thought it was graffiti but why would someone randomly put a 7 in the center?

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
ColoradoMike-- I didn't notice any snake gaiters or chaps, wha this winter time??
NIce pictures. What I like was you only have a few markings to read. that finger sure is a biggie. Good luck on you hunt.
If that's the normal looking Spanish markers, then I just wonder who made most o f the ones I have been looking at. I do have a few like that but only a few. The rest are completely different. Did Aztec or Egyptians use same type of markers. Or would these be just pretty carvings I have and should I just pay attention to the Spanish stuff??
I haven't seen any body post pictures like mine only like yours and in books.

Jacko

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Yeah, Jan or Feb. I wish they were all so obvious but you do have to be right on it to see it. The mine is less than 75" away but you can't see it until you walk up on it.
It seem that the norm is the markers usually get small the closer you get most of the time. They become more subtle it seems in most cases the closer you get.
I don't know about Aztec or Egyptian at all.

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
There might be 1 or 2 things but usually the norm is the marker has one message & that is what direction & sometimes how far to go to the next marker. We have found markers pointing you in a direction & there will be lines pecked on it telling you how may varas to go & on another side more marks that tell you to turn when you count out the 1st set of varas. When you make your turn & pace off the last set of varas we found the next markers.
? On the trail they seemed to keep it simple. When you get to the site things get more complicated.
Spanish marker rule number #1 Try to disprove it is not a marker. If you can't prove it is not real, you might have something.

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
Jacko
you got me seein ^%%$$zzzz(things)now
theres got to be symbols around there somewhere

Colorado it doesnt look very old especially for sandstone, maybe the artist was a kid with some knowledge just haven some fun
but of course you have to make sure :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions