Odd Cross Marking

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
This in an area mined by Spanish & the White-eye very heavy. Before you say dig below it. It's solid bedrock. It's in a stream bed.
The left side of the Cross is longer then the left. There are much newer words scratched above the cross of no consequence.
Could be very old, totally protected from the weather. Might have been a shrine even. Maybe just the scratching of some bored prospector.

Anyone else ever see one like this.

Attachments

• april 019 (Small).jpg
    april 019 (Small).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 875

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: ;D ColoradoMike... from your previous "post" of "marker tree" (looks like soft Pine)...
and this "Cross/Anchor" "sign"... I would say u r on trail to Spanish Treasure... by your "nick"... U seems to be in Colorado... up from Mexico AND OLD Spanish terrioitory with LOTS of Old Spanish Treasure... it doesn't look like KGC... BUT it may be... they utilized "old ways of hiding"... ;) Just "follow" the trail... :o

lates

Greenie
Nov 22, 2004
midwest
Coloradomike

Do you have the measurements of the cross bars? Also, at what degree would you be facing if you are looking right at the symbol. I have seen something very similar to this before and think I can get you on the right track if you can provide me with the info I requested. BTW its a great symbol!!...Matt

OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Lates,

The highth is about 8" & the cross arms are about 6" total. I 'd didnt notice the left arm until I looked at the pic. I am not sure what you mean by what degree it is when I am facing it.

Colorado

lates

Greenie
Nov 22, 2004
midwest
Coloradomike

? ? I'm glad to hear those measurements!! What I need is the exact measurements down to the .25 in American inches. There is a very good reason for this. I have missed other symbols by three feet for not being precise in the measurements. "about 8-about6" these are very close to some measurements that I have used on a Spanish treasure site. What I ment on the degree you would be facing is what compass degree would you be looking if you look directly at the symbol. North, south east, or west....ect. If yo don't want to post it public you can contact me at? [email protected]

searcher

Oct 4, 2004
Hill Country TEXAS
Detector(s) used
White's. Old, yellow but still waterproof!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice marking!! hope you find it!! keep us posted.
H.H. searcher

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
? Colorado Mike-- I know you can only see 1/2 of what I do, so iam only posting 1/2 of what I see. hehe Joke !!
the 5 pointed star with hole in center is in the left lobe of heart.
there's a garbage can figure with eyes, antanna's and lid. hehe
there's and elephant, but if you look close there's another face inside the elephants head.
Directly under the anchor is an arrow with a circle in middle.
the large area I have there is something I can't tell but believe it might be a heart.
there are a lot of small signs in all the rocks.
You might? try chalking all of it to see. I think there is some writting at top right where heart is, but can't make it out.? LOL
Hope You believe?? hehehe? Forogt the fish also the place I have marked with a heart's, at each end of the lines are a heart.
After looking at the picture 4 times, I noticed the "G" (I hope it is) also, if you look that rock is cut rectangular shape and was put in this spot doesn't fit properly. Maybe it come out??
LOL if there's something there don't forget 1/2 eyes here. hehehe

? ?Jacko

Attachments

• Odd Cross Marking (2).jpg
    Odd Cross Marking (2).jpg
    73 KB · Views: 737
  • Odd Cross Marking (2).jpg
    Odd Cross Marking (2).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 618
OP
OP
ColoradoMike

ColoradoMike

Apr 4, 2004
Colorado
Funny Guy Jacko,
It's under a low overhang in a small dry stream. I wondered if it may have been an shrine or something. It is solid bedrock all below it.

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Colorado Mike-- I was looking at the right side of the rock. those rocks are layered and look to be small enough to break. Just maybe the bed rock doesn't go under the hangeover.? If it is bed rock, maybe the flow of water had cause a nice little pocket under there, that would hold a gold bar or two. Didn't Spanish ever just put one or two bars at a spot, or was it always a large amount??? What have you go to lose???

Jacko P.S. Like O.J's attorney said "IF IT DON"T FIT---- MOVE IT".

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Oh Well, sorry you didin't find anything. But are you going to chalk it to see if my eyes are right?? I am not sure about the "G" from the angle of picture but everything else, was plain. Don't forget to put your trash in the can. hehe

Jacko

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread