the number 3

Tim

Greenie
Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
2 Copper Wires
3,5 & 7 are big KGC symbols. 3 seems to be the most common. 3 trees planted together, 3 pieces of metal buried together, 3 painted spots or 3 carvings on a tree. Maybe 3 vera's or 9 feet in length + or - a few inches. Tim

Poncho33

Greenie
Feb 6, 2008
I happen to do a lot of historical research and computer data basing of information. The following is some information about the number three (3) that I have patched in here from the data base. You will see that you now have a lot to consider because the original maker and reader of a carving had his own intent in mind. You now have a lot of analysis and distilled knowlege provided, but it is up to you to "read" the true meaning of your carving. Assuming that you are walking a treasure trail, all things must be considered, and virtually no markings, sculptures, and monuments along the course of a trail can be read in isolation. The treasure trail is basically a shorthand language, meant to impart important information to the reader/follower. Hence, I can not tell you exactly what a "three" means, suggests, or connotes in your own particular case. The person(s) who made the marker knew what his "three" meant, out of a lengthy selection of possible explanations. Read the following information slowly and think about the possible connotations of each. If you buried a treasure and marked a treasure trail, how would you use a number 3, and what would it mean in your own useage? And how would you use the 3 with other symbols to set down what is basically a coded set of instructions? Good luck. Poncho33 :thumbsup:
--------------------

Three -- Three keys needed to operate the royal [treasure] chest; Admiral Atondo in July 1685 was involved in pearl fishing in the waters of Baja California. "On board the Balandra the shells were opened in the presence of all the men of the fragata, and there were found twelve little grains of taladro and some aljofares, all of which were put in the royal chest with three keys.'" Rim of Christendom, Herbert Bolton p 207.

Three -- Three nails, because of their use in the Crucifixion of Christ, are a symbol of the Passion. Early crucifixes show four nails piercing each of the hands and feet of Christ. On most crucifixes, there are only three nails, both feet being pierced by one nail. The number three was preferred when the nails were painted separately as instruments of the Passion, perhaps with symbolic reference to the Trinity. Signs & Symbols in Christian Art, George Ferguson, p 178.

Number 3 -- Number Three. The first geometrical figure. Three lines are necessary to form a plane figure; and three dimensions of length, breadth, and height are necessary to form a solid. Three is the symbol of the cube--the simplest form of solid figure. Three stands for that which is solid, real, substantial, complete, and entire. All things that are specially complete are stamped with this number three. God's attributes are three: omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence. There are three great divisions completing time--past, present, and future. Three is the first of four perfect numbers. Three denotes divine perfection; Seven denotes spiritual perfection; Ten denotes ordinal perfection; Twelve denotes governmental perfection. Three points to what is real, essential, perfect, substantial, complete, and Divine. Three is the number associated with the Godhead, for there are three persons in one God. Number three must be taken as the number of Divine fullness, Divine perfection. In the Trinity: one in sovereignty; the Son, the second person, in incarnation and salvation, delivering from every enemy; the Holy Spirit, the third person, realizing in us and to us Divine things. Three times Abraham was called the "Friend of God" (1) 2 Chron. xx.7; (2) Isa. xli. 8; (3) James ii.23. Three = wisdom; In Rev. v. 12 the heavenly multitudes praise, with a seven-fold blessing, saying: "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive (1) power, and (2) riches, and (3) wisdom, and (4) strength, and (5) honor, and (6) glory, and (7) blessing." Number in Scripture, Bullinger, pp 107-108, 123.

Number 3 -- Number Three was called by Pythagoras the number of completion, expressive of a beginning, a middle, and an end. In Christian symbolism, three became the divine number suggesting the Trinity, and also the three days that Christ spent in the tomb. Signs & Symbols in Christian Art, George Ferguson, p 154.

Number 3 -- Number Three is used to signify God's purpose or his will. Three can be a sign that indicates God's will and purpose. Three can be presence of the Son of God, the presence of Christ. Three gives us spiritual signification that it is established by God for His purpose. http://members.aol.com/twarren13/numbers.html

Number 3 -- Number Three, the first geometric figure. Three lines are necessary to form a planar figure and three dimensions are required to form a solid. A triangle is the simplest planar figure and a cube is the simplest three-dimensional solid. Two could represent a square, three could represent a cube or solid contents. Three therefore represents that which is solid, real, substantial, complete and entire. All things that are especially complete and entire are stamped with the number three. http://www.vic.australis.com.au/hazz/number003.html

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post Poncho33

Thanks for that..well researched and I know it will help a lot of folks

One thing I might add about the number 3 is that the Jesuits used it
of course as the symbol of the Trinity..and it is said that ALL signs by
them have three meanings..to further hide a few more levels of info
from the everyday aspect of treasure hunting.

Regarding the Cube..it may be the first 3 dimensional object but for
the Jesuits the Cube stands for "Truth" ie. the theories of the
geometry on paper are proven out with the three dimensional
aspects of the cube..brought into physical reality.

"Knowledge is Power"

rangler

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I have seen threes used just the exact way that books said they were used,
as a unit of measurement as well.
I have also seen the figure 3 turned so that it resembles a flying bird.
This was a jesuit symbol used to indicate dead end, wrong way, turn about or change direction.
Almost the same as an E was used as a Royal sign.

Thom

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
my buddy discovered a carving depicting a cube. comprised of three diamonds. very close to this symbol i posted which overlays onto the geometric pattern. while this carving also can be overlayed onto the same pattern this carving is located on the same boulder i have not tried to overlay the cube yet but ill see if i can locate that picture a.s.a.p. great replys everyone. kidd

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Kid,

I could be way off base but that sure looks like a brand to me. Diamond H. You might check and see if that was ever a registered brand in the area where the rock is located. If it was, that might give you a new direction to do some research.

Good luck, Charlie

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Kid,

The flying bird type 3 is rotated down to look similar to a lower case m.

That is one beautiful bird in your picture.
Nice set of signs.

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread