cup1.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 651

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Rusty,
Are there markers that led you to this?
Looks like there is more than one large rock there, I see a string of 5 to 7 of them.

This would more than mark a spring,
it would significantly bring the location to prominence.

Have you run a two box over the area?
That may be a good Idea to do,
especially where the spring is or used to be.

Thom

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
So funny....I saw the topic and immediately thought "Old Dog would be able to answer that" then looked over and say last reply Old Dog! Had to open it and look too! ;) Fascinating thing there....yep, I would have a detector out lookin!! :icon_thumleft:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Rusty,
the soft ground just under that opening would be the place to look for a cache if there is one there.
These springs were a favorite hiding place as the water would clear away traces of your passing quite fast.

Just a suggestion

Thom

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
Old Rusty Nails said:
Thanks for the reply guys!!

I actually found the spring on a map first. After poking around a couple days I noticed the Cup on the hillside. Also, the rock to the left of the cup looks like it could be a "beer can". The pics below are of some interesting markings on the cup. Please let me know what you see/ think.

Thanks!

-ORN

I don't think the Spaniards used beer cans, and what I see in the second picture isn't fit to print!

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
Old Rusty Nails said:
Hey Some Guy!

Maybe you should contact Charles Kenworthy and let him know the Spaniards didn't use "Beer Can" rock formations as trail markers. He may want to revise all the research he's published over the last 30+ years. Also, what do you mean by "...isn't fit to print"? Do you work at a newspaper or something??

Next time when you feel the urge to post derogatory comments write them down on a piece of paper, wad it up in a ball and throw it in the trash!! No one wants to hear them in this forum.

Thanks!

-ORN

Oh, lighten up.

[note to self: no matter how low you aim, it can still go over somebody's head]

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Your beer cans are actually very large, and if you get Right to them you can see where they have been shaped sometimes with stone working tools.
The most interesting thing about the ones that have been worked into this shape is that all of the shards have been hauled away.

Other times they are tightly stacked piles of stones and are called pyres. The pyres serve the same purpose.
We have found some of these that were six or seven feet across at the base and are seven or eight feet tall.

Thom

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Sorry Rusty,
Looks just like a crack to me.
A snake is a basic directional marker that tells to proceed with caution.
And always in the direction the head points.

My advice is to check where you think it points and then come back and tell me whether oe not you think it is a snake or not. LOL
This is just my opinion of what you show me,
I would have to be there to do better.

I'm far from perfect.
Thom

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't normally post in this thread, but these look pretty convincing to me, and from what I have read, the turtle and heart are classic treasure markers.

Attachments

• heart.jpg
    heart.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 456

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions