TURTLE Rock in Pa.

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
I read a historical article about a large rock with a turtle carved on it in Pa.
I know the turtle was used by the Spaniards, but never heard of it being used by anyone else.
There were native American Indians in this area.
There are storeys of the French passing thru it also.
I would like any input on this.
When warmer weather comes, I will go see is I can locate it and take pictures.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:wink: Here is MY "input"... http://treasurehuntersuniversity.com/turtle.html :wink: IF... the "Spanish Miners" (COULD have been PIRATES... DUNNO...) enslaved the "Indians" to work SILVER MINES in the SOUTH, up to Kentucky/Virginia "areas"... it IS possible that SOME "MINERS"/INDIANS could have MINED Silver in PA. AND! EVEN IF... they could not speak each other's language (MOSTLY Cherokee from Native Americans , aka "Indians"...), they PROBABLY could "understand" the Markings/Signs... WHEN, you "post" yer "pics", I will try to help you "interpret"; DO NOT "post" the location... hh & GOOD LUCK!!! :thumbsup:

soopacee

Apr 27, 2008
Pottsville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Nel Tornando,
Garrett Carrot PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is a big indian head rock near where i live in PA....you can see it right from the highway......over the years they painted it to make it look cooler i guess....its kind of a landmark

do you think its just coincidence it looks like a indian head, or do you think it was carved that way?.....it it quite the eyecatcher being its in the middle of the mountain surrounded by trees, you cant miss it

i never thought much of it other than it looked cool.....but after reading all the stuff on here it gets me wondering

if i can ever get a pic i will.........also i find it strange since it is in the middle of nowhere, the land is private property....i dont understand why acres and acres of trees on the side of many mountains here and that spot happens to be private......one could say because of hunters, but its too close to the highway for that.....i dont know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions