Basic signs and symbols you have found

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
EE,
in order for the black line to show up - I made the line thick, the reed is lying exactly on the edge of the rock where the dirt stops. Casca had the original pic posted so I wasnt worried about someone not seeing that. but since then he has deleted the pic,but I assure you that the left side is just as exactly like the right side.

You are right to question, with the likes of the graffiti markers and the cloud readers 'trying' to make their stuff of fractals and pareidolia real..
right on
rangler

a famous jazz duo from the '60's here are the lyrics of les mccann & eddie harris
'trying to make it real compared to what'

love the lie and lie the love
A-Hangin' on, with push and shove
Possession is the motivation
that is hangin' up the God-damn nation
Looks like we always end up in a rut (everybody now!)
Tryin' to make it real � compared to what? C'mon baby!

Slaughterhouse is killin' hogs
Twisted children killin' frogs
Poor dumb rednecks rollin' logs
Tired old lady kissin' dogs
I hate the human love of that stinking mutt (I can't use it!)
Try to make it real � compared to what? C'mon baby now!

The President, he's got his war
Folks don't know just what it's for
Nobody gives us rhyme or reason
Have one doubt, they call it treason
We're chicken-feathers, all without one nut. God damn it!
Tryin' to make it real � compared to what? (Sock it to me)

Church on Sunday, sleep and nod
Tryin' to duck the wrath of God
Preacher's fillin' us with fright
They all tryin' to teach us what they think is right
They really got to be some kind of nut (I can't use it!)
Tryin' to make it real � compared to what?

Where's that bee and where's that honey?
Where's my God and where's my money?
Unreal values, crass distortion
Unwed mothers need abortion
Kind of brings to mind ol' young King Tut (He did it now)
Tried to make it real � compared to what?!

(Music break)

Tryin' to make it real � compared to what?

les mccann & eddie harris

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the deleted pictures. I didnt like what photobucket was doing with them. I was seeing hundreds of views a day, but no one participating.

I did get out today and found a funny face picture.
goofyface.jpg

I have been told the Mayan or Aztec never made it far enough north to be in New Mexico. I say pooie on that.

Attachments

• goofyface.jpg
    goofyface.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 886
OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
mdog said:
Note that when you start finding shadow markers it will be a long hard search.

Old Dog, you made the above comment in post 92. Could you please explain. And what about the artistic type markers that look like animals or people, is there a specific group or groups that would use this type of shadow markers?
Thanks. Mdog

The Spanish used a given set of monuments to mark trails through ares where they traveled and explored.
A small number of them were to designate a royal trail, others were used to show common trails and mine trails also one and two way trails.

Aquatic animals were used to show the presence of a good water source
other animals were used to show danger as well as conditions on a trail.
The turtle seems to be an exception to many of the rules, it was a traveling marker, and was used to show movement .
Turtles don't always lead to treasure (as we know it) but can lead to pastures, water holes and even good campsites.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
john,
you said,I have been told the Mayan or Aztec never made it far enough north to be in New Mexico. I say pooie on that.

my research and others show the Aztec CAME from North America! and migrated to where they built their empires....later on they run from the Spanish...they are believed to have returned here, with the goodies to hide it from the greedy ones..
easy to check out...
rangler

...we came from the land of our grandmothers..where the white birds [egrets]live....aztecs quote

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Old dog,

What about the shadow markers of animals or birds that are used to show directions? It seems to me that constructing a shadow marker of an animal or human form that showed up only at certain hours of the day would require a much greater level of skill than making markers of stone. I would think that it would also require a lot more thought and time to put together something like that. Would you know under what circumstances such symbols would be used and who might use them? Thanks. Mdog.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rangler,

I just havent read that book yet. I can say that there seems to be several types of signs and markers out there. Im interested in the Jesuits, but I keep finding indian, mexican, spanish, and some other older civilizations that seemed to use the same sites at different times.

Im as far as the Peublo indians. This is area specific if I am correct. But the Apache were here too. Also there is some new findings lately in the news that is stating how long man has been around, and the interbreeding with the Neanderthals. Since I am seeing the Spanish signs, I thinks it funny when I find something like the above picture. Thats not spanish.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
mdog said:
Old dog,

What about the shadow markers of animals or birds that are used to show directions? It seems to me that constructing a shadow marker of an animal or human form that showed up only at certain hours of the day would require a much greater level of skill than making markers of stone. I would think that it would also require a lot more thought and time to put together something like that. Would you know under what circumstances such symbols would be used and who might use them? Thanks. Mdog.

The guys who worked this stone were experts to say the least.
Here are a couple pix of a map on a cliff that had to of taken a couple (or more) days to carve.
Note the first sign...(a horshoe)
over the next hour a full map grew out of the darkness. (shadow signs as well)
Verry Cool!

Attachments

• MAP_B_Horseshoe_sunsign.jpg
    MAP_B_Horseshoe_sunsign.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 935
  • Map_C___More_sunsigns.jpg
    Map_C___More_sunsigns.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 950

minetres

Mar 13, 2008
Casca,

That last picture looks like a place I have been in the Las Cruces area, this is Spanish and the Treasures have been found. I followed the trails some years ago to the end and found the open, empty sites.

Minetres

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Minetres,

But what some awesome pics. There has been some finds. I would like to follow this trail all the way to Sante Fe. Was you able to find two or three trails?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks Old Dog and Minetress,
From your comments this was a Spanish site and has numerous shadow and sun signs. So the Spanish would be one group who used this technique. Were the Spanish the only group who would do this type of thing?
Thanks. Mdog

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
mdog said:
Thanks Old Dog and Minetress,
From your comments this was a Spanish site and has numerous shadow and sun signs. So the Spanish would be one group who used this technique. Were the Spanish the only group who would do this type of thing?
Thanks. Mdog

The only way to chase these kind of signs is to be patient and let them develop over a given time. Take lots of pictures and give each sign a chance to show itself.
To answer your question ... Yes, the Spanish are the only ones I know of, who worked the shadows and sun signs together.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed some old hebrew script, looked a lot like some marks I have been seeing. The Phoenician, and Samaritan scripts, also looked a lot alike to signs. Does anyone know which Script if any the Jesuits would use in the 1500-1700 time frame? Thanks.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hi Kim, sorry about the delay reply on your post # 2205, The horzional holes that I have seen they were worked straight out in front as if it was an eye, one went to a spring with rocks that had other marks on it. One went to the fighting fish that's been posted, also indicated a rectangle ( the 2 mouths together formed a triangle / diamond that pointed to another site north 2.5 miles away ) that's been posted both of those were ( just a guess ) 300 feet one went south, one went east, one was a turtle head with one eye laying on top of the ground, straight out from the eye was an old hand dug hole as if it was a dugout in the crest of a hill 7 foot deep and 3 foot wide. Hope this helps Ernie

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Rangler : you posted --> you said,I have been told the Mayan or Aztec never made it far enough north to be in New Mexico. I say pooie on that.

my research and others show the Aztec CAME from North America! and migrated to where they built their empires....later on they run from the Spanish...they are believed to have returned here, with the goodies to hide it from the greedy ones..
easy to check out...
rangler

...we came from the land of our grandmothers..where the white birds [egrets]live....Aztecs quote

Also known as the land of the reeds, i.e the shallow, marsh areas off of the coast of Spain, where they had migrated from the Israel area ? Lost tribe of Israel? They then migrated to North America, then down to Mexico..

Notice also the curious relationship between what they called Aztlan & Atlantis. No, they were not Atlantean, but may well have been living on the.
continental remains of a former large colony of Atlanteans, which with the exception of the Azores, was all that was left of Atlantis.. The Marsh Atlanteans were probably destroyed by the resulting Tsunami from the submergence of Atlantis.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info, is there any written word about Mayans being up North of Mexico? Did Mayans have mines?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's not leave the Olmec out of this discussion. I believe they predated the Aztecs and Mayans and THEIR writing has not been deciphered YET.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Just a short note for all.
I do appreciate the pictures you all send in emails, Most get sent over the weekend and it really gets to some of you all when I don't answer email or posts on weekends. There is a very honest and perfectly good reason.

I do work from Friday afternoon... until Sunday morning.
This is a 40+ hour shift, often I am so tired I don't even remember driving home.

Please be patient with me as the pictures will get looked at and commented on. Then returned as I get to them.
(yesterday I downloaded 123 new email... no spam)
But first and foremost I must catch a short nap as I am toast after work.

Thanks to everyone for understanding that I am not ignoring you.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
HI purty pooch, hugs Tell ole houn that only the following are allowed-->

Yes sir
No sir
No excuse sir

Don Jose de La Mancha

Hola My most esteemed amigo,
That old girl is Brooke, a most loyal friend.
She loves everyone, especially if they throw something for her to chase after.

As of late it has been Yes mam, No mam and No excuse mam ... LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread