Basic signs and symbols you have found

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
thom...
I am pretty sure This is the same group of documents that Kenworthy got in 1980.
it is cool however to be able to read the same words he printed.

Kind of good to see that he wasn't keeping too much from us.

very cool to see you cold trail kenworthy and confirm his data! while I was cold trailing his photos..lol
rangler

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.

LOL

am discovering that Mr K didn't leave too much out,
he did however deal with editors who consolidated the info and took out many of the wordy passages.
I think to make it look better in print.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I wonder Thom, did they use poetic language in describing things at times? That was always one of the things I found charming, if it was true. I often wondered if it was true.

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I found the documentation typically political and wordy.
not so much in a poetic fashion but a brown nose fashion. (almost like someone got paid by the word.) LOL

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Every time I visit the area I find more mystries...

Every time I visit this area I take photos and keep finding more ????? stuff, curiouser and curiouser, mystery's seem to abound here.

is this a big turtle head?
P5199259-1.jpg

monkey cacti
P5199251.jpg

the heart
P5199238.jpg

do these point at something or are they just rocks?

P5199268.jpg

the sentinels
P5199234.jpg

I had climbed up for a closer look at the monkey cacti and laughed out loud when I saw "the face" hidden it can only be viewed from the monkey cacti position.
P5199292.jpg

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Sheldon,
Are these all in one small general area?
or are they front and back pictures.

They all seem to be classic trailhead monuments.
Each has the doorway or mine sign (squared U)
each points to separate trails for animals and for walkers...etc

Have no doubt that confirmation monuments will be found if you look close.
thanks for sharing what you have

I look forward to seeing more

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Sheldon,
To answer your first question...
Yes it appears to be a turtle head and the V notch in the chin is the confirmation mark.
Viewed in this fashion it should be a sign to come back to later as it points to the outbound trail (homeward bound trail)

Watch for markers that are propped up by rocks or stacked in a fashion to see light under the marker .
These are the inbound markers they aren't as plentiful as some of the others but they are the ones that will show you the mine area.

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Thank you OD for your knowledge, they are indeed all in the same general area, and the water is about 6-7 miles in the general direction of the indicator.

Every time I go there I keep finding more and more interesting stuff, this must have been an very active area for the spanish in the past.
I kind of stumbled on it as my interest was and still is interesting rock formations and other oddities. My first visit and photo re con was well over 4 years ago, but I happened in the area just last month and did a another re con with the goal of getting a closer look at some of the things I had photographed last visit.

I just picked up a newer higher resolution (went from a 4 mp to 14) digital SLR and hope to make it back next year for more and better photos, but according to goggle maps if you zoom in there is an old hard rock mine in the direction these things indicate. Now if I could just figure out if they left anything behind ;D

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
It might surprise you to find that these monuments are of the variety that Kenworthy and rangler have called master monuments.
Each marks a trailhead and each has several trails that it points out.
I am sure the separation of these will tell you they are all associated with different mines.

(that is why I asked if the pix were front and back photos.)

There should be enough here to keep you busy for a very LONG time! LOL
thanks for sharing
Keep us posted

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
sheldon,
nice discovery...here is one of the trail markers, I found to have a really cool rabbit..showing you to turn right to go around this boulder stack...as the gun sight has a shadow heart just
in front of it and the arrow heart points right thru the gunsight crack...a confirmation as it were..and showing the true compass bearing to the mine...or the next sign
a possible heart on the far upper left...and a small profile shadow face on the far right..telling you again to 'go this way' and as the face is very small in size into relation to the others. is telling subtly that the next sign or mine is a fair [far] distance away...

kudos again to thom for showing his awesome sign reading ability... :notworthy:
glad I could help a tiny bit...I see a really good time in your future..lol
rangler
P5199259-1 sheldons pic, shadow pointer rabbit rangler marked.jpg

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Thanks for the kind words.
I am surprised to see so many all in one place.

You all have a great and safe Independence Day!

I am working, But will be back late Monday or Tuesday.

Thom

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
damn but you guys are good!!

I have to be honest rangler, all I saw was the turtle head, and I did not see that until I had walked around it several times. Usually I will shoot several hundred photos of an area, (digital media don't you just love it) then go through them once I am back home which is quite a distance away from the site.

N yep OD they are all within a about hundred yards of each other, so my best guess is something was going on, something important enough to keep them there long enough to put out all those markers.

Again Thank you and as I said above Damn but you guys are good! :notworthy:

Just for giggles I had a look from goggle earth satellite, knowing the topo of the area somewhat from my photos, over a rather large hill in line with the turtle head is a rather interesting looking outcrop about 1/2 mile away, looks like I need to plan an serious hike next trip there...

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
thom.
I am surprised to see so many all in one place.

yep, the signs have taught me that if no hoyo is found, then you need a minimum
of 5-7 signs, here with the large heart makes 8 elements
"i calls dem as i sees dem" lol
rangler

576px-Pentagram-phi.svg.png
use of golden math in the drawing of a star

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
I was on my e tab looking at the photos and I noticed something, when I zoomed in on the side of the face something that looks like a square with one corner open...
square.jpg

Also this is in my album is it yet another trail marker?

P5199260.jpg

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
CB

Been my experience that most signs are meant to be viewed from a certain distance....Zoom in too far and you may loose perspective?

Oddrock

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Cleveland B,
the symbol carved on your boulder looks feline to me,[perhaps it means go east] , I would take a compass bearing [it also looks ancient as well]
in the direction it is looking, a cardinal point will give you some confirmation....also the image has one eye closed...so this is an omega sign in appearance, in that regard...then of course
you want to walk in the direction it is looking...and see what you see...are the other signs in this direction? Also the photo the other signs and these in context with the feline face might
give you more clues.

~
oddock.......Been my experience that most signs are meant to be viewed from a certain distance....Zoom in too far and you may loose perspective?

absolutely true..viewing distance is programed into the code... kenworthy said that along the coastline near spanish activity...monuments are built upon shoreline rocks...caved and made to be 'out of focus'...inside info said, to look thru a telescope and then 'slightly detune the lens' to make the out of focus rocks become infocus and clearly state the image of the monuments...
the ability of the codemakers is continually amazing , as every possible thing is used to hide the coded signs and symbols...from pareidolia to detuned telescopes~!
rangler

124px-Crossed_circle.svg.png

Attachments

• 124px-Crossed_circle.svg.png
    124px-Crossed_circle.svg.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 1,982

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
sheldon,
a better pic from a better time of day might reveal more, but off the cuff - a square , does mean cache, however the multiple meanings are often encoded...it might mean the final lay out is a golden square, and the unfinished corner might be the clue to the place on the lay out, that the goods might be found....better pic, better description..lol good stuff your finding...
rangler

as for your question, if your pic might be a trail marker?....while it is a geographic oddity...I see no sign of any iconic symbols, on board...this still could be used as a pointer if other classic signs are nearby.
200px-Christ_with_beard.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread