Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Any one know what this means. The long end points north south and its a the bottem of a canyon in the manzanos should i be looking for any more signs

View attachment 650357

This is typically a sign to designate an indian burial, This sign can be seen all over tumacacori and in the cemetery at Tubac.
Many treasure hunting sign books identify it as meaning church treasure but that is not what this symbol represents.
Best regards
alan

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
muttoncrk1.jpg
Symbols found in SW mo. need help interpreting. Any help appreciated.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talking about multiple meanings...

Here is a bear with a nose pointer. The open mouth is also part of a heart lobe outline. There is also a profile inside the bears mouth looking left. If anyone can mark these up... I would appreciate it. Attached also is a picture of...well I do not know what it is. Only educated guesses. Any help is appreciated. I'll share more if there is interest. Thank you.
I'm most certainly new to this site but am fascinated by signs left behind...but...how do you know that bear isn't "just a rock"? Other signs in the area? Not trying to be a smartass, genuinely curious.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm most certainly new to this site but am fascinated by signs left behind...but...how do you know that bear isn't "just a rock"? Other signs in the area? Not trying to be a smartass, genuinely curious.

Yes, there are other signs and symbols. I was not interested in this hobby until I stumbled on a 200 year old panel while hiking.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, there are other signs and symbols. I was not interested in this hobby until I stumbled on a 200 year old panel while hiking.
I haven't even seen that and these signs fascinate me.

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
It's been a while since I showed anything I've found. FOr whatever reason, I always seem to see things when I only have my cell phone handy, and it doesn't take very good pics. Anyways, I found some diamond pattern thing gouged into a rock, and what I think looks like a canary. SOrry about the picture quality. I saw the diamonds, started looking around and that's when I saw the canary.

Attachments

• diamonds..jpg
    diamonds..jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 863
  • canary.jpg
    canary.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 222
  • canary 2.jpg
    canary 2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 224

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The snake points to water. Be careful the elements will also make shapes.I learned to analyze your markings and if there is no other markings like a heart move on.you'll be hiking or digging yet for years.good luck

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
Here's a double hoyo I found that seems to point to absolutely nothing from both sides. THe only option I have is an egg shaped rock that's about 15' to the right of where the hoyo looks, and 175 ish yards away. At the right angle there's an owl. I saw the owl first walking up on this rock before I saw the hoyo.

Attachments

• hoyo frontside..jpg
    hoyo frontside..jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 781
  • Hoyo backside..jpg
    Hoyo backside..jpg
    14 KB · Views: 787

eaglewings35

Aug 31, 2010
Clyde, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
017 resized.jpg 018 resized.jpg 021 resized.jpg

Here is one for you. This is a triangle shaped rock that you can see has been chipped and shaped. It points under the tree toward the river bank. Here is where it gets interesting. I took my camera down there to take a picture of it and not 5 feet to the right of it is a verticle purple aura line. What do yall make outa this?
Also across the path from the rocks is a tree with a uniformally shaped hole in it. There may not be anything to the hollow tree, it was just odd that it was directly across the walk way from the rock.

Thanks Shortstack for the help. That was it, I was using too large a pixel.

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Download your photos to your computer. Save them as jpg's or jpeg's (the same format), then do the "insert image" routine again. Make sure your photo is not larger than about 950 pixals in width for fast upload and so that it doesn't post too big on the page. 850 max would be better.

EDIT: What I do is save my photos to "Desktop" folder which is quicker to access with the
Browse" button after you click on the "insert image" and the window opens up.

Last edited:

777gwk

Aug 6, 2012
I have been researching treasure signs and symbols for about a year and i need some help deciphering these please!

ForumRunner_20120810_083334.png

ForumRunner_20120810_083419.png

777gwk

Last edited:

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
It may be that 1913 is a date, the last two may indicate 1st calvery, just a guess on my part but it may be just a birth date, I can't tell anything about the upper photo, can't tell if the depth/ size is the same, better photo please, looks like a heart with initials

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread