IMAG0268 (2).JPG

Sis

Jan 29, 2013
Breezy Hills
Detector(s) used
Dreams, Spirits, Premonitions
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks sis for answering the questions,and telling more. very interesting. if you move it to another thread please let us know. i enjoy the story.

Hi Dog-tth, I thought since, you'd asked so nicely that you might want to know that there is more of this story on the Treasure Hunting forum of Treasure Legends for the KGC forum called Watchmen ??. You can go there if you'd like to read more.
:)

Sis

Jan 29, 2013
Breezy Hills
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
In a different thread Quinoa asked me this question, I'm moving the quote here so the rest of you know what I'm referencing here on this thread.

So Sis, Very interesting things you bring up, please tell me a little about your Jack of Diamonds/Hearts sign. Are you talking about a carved face that looks like an image thats on the playing card, like a face profile, or are you talking about a carved "J" with a heart or diamond near it?

The Jack of Diamonds is part of a song my dad use to sing. I've seen no engraved Jacks or hearts or diamonds that I can remember.

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For anyone wishing to research the playing cards, might consider this link to a Google find.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dec...A%2F%2Ffarm5.staticflickr.com%2F4013%2F435966
8865_35f4c4d728_z.jpg%253Fzz%253D1%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.flickr.com%252Fphotos%252F
jenx5%252F4359668865%252F%3B640%3B450

After looking at all of the pictures of the different kinds of card decks, I decided I would not try to write about them.......just give the link and let people "discover". LOL

The first thing to do in researching this subject, in connection to any treasure signs and symbols connected to playing cards would be to try and pin down the most likely style of card deck that was used, including the brand. Bicycle brand alone changed their designs through the years.

EDIT: There is an old country song titled The Deck of Cards that the writer gives the meaning of each picture card, each suit, the numbers, etc. in the standard deck of playing cards. This song was written by a man named T.Texas Tyler and ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO HIM. He is the soldier in the song. This link will take you to the words of the song as recorded by Tex Ritter. I tried to copy and paste the words, but the website will not allow it.

http://www.songlyrics.com/tex-ritter/deck-of-cards-1948-lyrics/

The story took place in North Africa during WW2. I wonder if perhaps some of these definitions might have been incorporated into some of the treasure clues put together by people involved in such things AFTER the war. This song became a very popular one so would have been widely played on the radios of the day.

Last edited:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Jacks are knaves - servants. The Jack of Diamonds is considered by some as a servant of the King or Queen. If you like the KGC stuff, you may find that some folks associate the Jack of Diamonds with Jesse James, and the James family with English royalty. Therefore, the Jack of Diamonds may be at least a "Hey, look!"

Of course, there are many other interpretations of playing card meanings - choose one you like.

Sis

Jan 29, 2013
Breezy Hills
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Jacks are knaves - servants. The Jack of Diamonds is considered by some as a servant of the King or Queen. If you like the KGC stuff, you may find that some folks associate the Jack of Diamonds with Jesse James, and the James family with English royalty. Therefore, the Jack of Diamonds may be at least a "Hey, look!"

Of course, there are many other interpretations of playing card meanings - choose one you like.

Hi Springfield, Thank you so much and that makes sense.

Last edited:

Luna Dolphin

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2013
Caribbean, Bahamas, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Fisher Magnetometer, ...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog, and all you Spanish Treasure Symbol scholars on this website, Hello.
It is a pleasure to be here and I am delighted to learn from all the information you have posted.
If I may, I would like to take the opportunity to share a small discovery with you.
From a distant Caribbean location, in the leewards, I uncovered this stone inscription that I assume some of you veterans can decipher. Many of the symbols appear to match what, I presume, are found in the geographic locations of New Mexico and Colorado. If I am correct, they appear to be Spanish, in origin.
Because I am a novice in this field, I decided to introduce these images to your panel of seasoned experts to see if any are inclined to offer interpretation. Based upon the wealth of experience that I observe is among you, I imagine you have seen this kind of thing before.
From what I can tell, it appears to be saying that there are two openings in the Cave. One is to the "Left" and the other to the right, is Closed. They also seem to say that there is a Spring in the cave, which is true. Do you think I am on target here? I could be way off, but this is how my novice speculation is expresed.
Any of your comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated if you can afford to give me your opinion. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanking you in advance. Luna Dolphin
XXX Inscription-2 EDIT 1.jpg Estimated Cave Layout 1.jpg File0004054 1.jpg Symbols Speculation 1.jpg YYY Inscription-5.jpg

Luna Dolphin

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2013
Caribbean, Bahamas, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Fisher Magnetometer, ...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Rangler, what does the "L" Represent. I had one fellow tell me it means "Left", but how can this be when the Spanish word for Left is very different. In other words, why use an English depiction for a Spanish Symbol? Perhaps they are way off. I have a symbol in an illustration I have already posted but no one has responded, as of yet. Your comments are much appreciated. XXX Inscription-2 EDIT 1.jpg YYY Inscription-5.jpg

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Rangler, what does the "L" Represent. I had one fellow tell me it means "Left", but how can this be when the Spanish word for Left is very different. In other words, why use an English depiction for a Spanish Symbol? Perhaps they are way off. I have a symbol in an illustration I have already posted but no one has responded, as of yet. Your comments are much appreciated. View attachment 738823 View attachment 738824
Luna Dolphin, In my neck of the woods the L symbol stands for 90 degrees or 90 feet...Steve

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Rangler, what does the "L" Represent. I had one fellow tell me it means "Left", but how can this be when the Spanish word for Left is very different. In other words, why use an English depiction for a Spanish Symbol? Perhaps they are way off. I have a symbol in an illustration I have already posted but no one has responded, as of yet. Your comments are much appreciated. View attachment 738823 View attachment 738824
Luna Dolphin, In my neck of the woods the L symbol stands for 90 degrees or 90 feet...Steve

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Luna Dolphin,

Interprétation, like any other subject, depends on context.

Here are a couple of meanings your symbols might mean ( in no specific order):

descending/ascending (sun) night/morning, two entrances. direction/90 degrees. treasure in mound, treasure in tunnel or cave, two entrances, treasure below in cave or tunnel. fire, moon, sun, face of water. "Brothers of saint John" air, wind, blowing

Of course this depends on the orientation of your symbols. I assume your picture is oriented the way you located it... and the way you found it or read it naturally could very possibly be oriented to mislead you.

One of the first steps of following a map is orientation. That "90 degree" symbol could be very well telling you to orient the map 90 degrees..

All that you see carved might not be all of the "map". You can pretty much consider that whole wall/floor/stone a map...including all "natural" shapes of the wall/floor/stone. Remember, they choose this particular location for more than one reason. You need to consider those options also.

Example, there might be water in front of this image. This would be it is a mirror image map. This is possible, considering that your symbols are somewhat symmetrical.

There are various ways to read your map. The map maker would take this into consideration. Example: A+B = AB

If I know (as the map-maker) that you are going to look for "AB". I am going to make sure you find "AB"...everywhere.

If you look at your picture of the cave entrance, you can see a face of a animal. a heart, a bell, and other little things. There are clues hidden in plain site. Consider the shadows, cracks, and shapes of the rocks as part of a art collage...using the same lines to create a picture. For example, take the picture of the entrance. The large shadow of the entrance is a "bell" but it also doubles as the body for the head of that animal. The ear and head of that animal also double as the lobes of the heart.

ps. L would not mean "left". That is simply way out of context.

So on and so forth...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread