Basic signs and symbols you have found

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I get some help with this? Both are from the same trail.

View attachment 913789 View attachment 913790

hi sting , did you take these or your friend who passed away ? the second picture was on here before I think .
the first picture would really be better to guess at if you could borrow a better camera , maybe santa could go to the walmart and get you a 18 megapixel cannon for less than 500 bucks . of course santa has been hit hard by the recession so maybe somebody could lend you something to get ya by . in all seriousness you really should shoot those pictures again . I can't tell if you got a marsupial bearded man with a parrot in his pouch or just and old rock pillar . looks like writing under the skull looking thing with a little snaky sneeking out from under them there rocks , but it could all just be cloud reading without higher resolution . I gotta run before the banned one gets back into treasure net and starts scribbling all over your pictures . they are really very nice ! thanks for sharing .///bob

Luna Dolphin

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2013
Caribbean, Bahamas, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Fisher Magnetometer, ...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for all your help. I can see where the L-shaped can actually work in either 90° direction. This only demonstrates that they could make things very confusing. The good thing is that it does line up the hill perfectly as far as direction is concerned. Thank you once again.

Interprétation, like any other subject, depends on context.

Here are a couple of meanings your symbols might mean ( in no specific order):

descending/ascending (sun) night/morning, two entrances. direction/90 degrees. treasure in mound, treasure in tunnel or cave, two entrances, treasure below in cave or tunnel. fire, moon, sun, face of water. "Brothers of saint John" air, wind, blowing

Of course this depends on the orientation of your symbols. I assume your picture is oriented the way you located it... and the way you found it or read it naturally could very possibly be oriented to mislead you.

One of the first steps of following a map is orientation. That "90 degree" symbol could be very well telling you to orient the map 90 degrees..

All that you see carved might not be all of the "map". You can pretty much consider that whole wall/floor/stone a map...including all "natural" shapes of the wall/floor/stone. Remember, they choose this particular location for more than one reason. You need to consider those options also.

Example, there might be water in front of this image. This would be it is a mirror image map. This is possible, considering that your symbols are somewhat symmetrical.

There are various ways to read your map. The map maker would take this into consideration. Example: A+B = AB

If I know (as the map-maker) that you are going to look for "AB". I am going to make sure you find "AB"...everywhere.

If you look at your picture of the cave entrance, you can see a face of a animal. a heart, a bell, and other little things. There are clues hidden in plain site. Consider the shadows, cracks, and shapes of the rocks as part of a art collage...using the same lines to create a picture. For example, take the picture of the entrance. The large shadow of the entrance is a "bell" but it also doubles as the body for the head of that animal. The ear and head of that animal also double as the lobes of the heart.

ps. L would not mean "left". That is simply way out of context.

So on and so forth...[/QUOTE]

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for all your help. I can see where the L-shaped can actually work in either 90° direction. This only demonstrates that they could make things very confusing. The good thing is that it does line up the hill perfectly as far as direction is concerned. Thank you once again.

Interprétation, like any other subject, depends on context.

Here are a couple of meanings your symbols might mean ( in no specific order):

descending/ascending (sun) night/morning, two entrances. direction/90 degrees. treasure in mound, treasure in tunnel or cave, two entrances, treasure below in cave or tunnel. fire, moon, sun, face of water. "Brothers of saint John" air, wind, blowing

Of course this depends on the orientation of your symbols. I assume your picture is oriented the way you located it... and the way you found it or read it naturally could very possibly be oriented to mislead you.

One of the first steps of following a map is orientation. That "90 degree" symbol could be very well telling you to orient the map 90 degrees..

All that you see carved might not be all of the "map". You can pretty much consider that whole wall/floor/stone a map...including all "natural" shapes of the wall/floor/stone. Remember, they choose this particular location for more than one reason. You need to consider those options also.

Example, there might be water in front of this image. This would be it is a mirror image map. This is possible, considering that your symbols are somewhat symmetrical.

There are various ways to read your map. The map maker would take this into consideration. Example: A+B = AB

If I know (as the map-maker) that you are going to look for "AB". I am going to make sure you find "AB"...everywhere.

If you look at your picture of the cave entrance, you can see a face of a animal. a heart, a bell, and other little things. There are clues hidden in plain site. Consider the shadows, cracks, and shapes of the rocks as part of a art collage...using the same lines to create a picture. For example, take the picture of the entrance. The large shadow of the entrance is a "bell" but it also doubles as the body for the head of that animal. The ear and head of that animal also double as the lobes of the heart.

ps. L would not mean "left". That is simply way out of context.

So on and so forth...
[/QUOTE]

Well put

Stingray88

Jan 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some better pictures and I have found some more interesting symbols. I will have to get them off my friend's camera.

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pics on #3407, all you have to do is line'em up to the spot and that'll be all she wrote.

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Here is one I found in a cave.

Attachments

• image-4110181071.jpg
    image-4110181071.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 189

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thanks to Thom this thread got started and grown and helped several hundred folke get stared on the adventure of a lifetime. THANKS THOM

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello 64, please include a photo of the entire boulder, are we looking at the top / end / side, so far all I see are initals, size of the letters, is the arrow pointing E, W, N, S, up down left right

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you found the stone IN a house you just bought, the stone will be of no use for tracking any trail......if it was part of a trail to begin with.

64poncho

Mar 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize that it is probably of no use since it has been moved. I would just like to know what it is that's carved on here? What do these symbols mean ?

acepro

Mar 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these signs are very interesting! how old are they? do you know of any being found in ontario? thanks for sharing!
happy hunting,
AcePro

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Your welcome dsty. I have heard rumors that old dog is writing a book. If he is I sure hope it is announced. I would sure like to be the first in line to buy one. I sure miss his post.

Pinwheel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread