Basic signs and symbols you have found

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello cpowell. in the fist pic i see 4 profiles On the bottom is is a smiling face looking at a kind of preist. They are looking at each other. the other 2 near the top are looking in the same general direction. Your monument all together makes the elephant. It has been my experience that smiling faces often mean a death trap. If there is a death trap, you should have another sign to confirm it. You also have what looks to be a hart that is part of the elephants trunk. This my be an alpha monument

Your 2nd pic looks like a trident. If that is what it is it has something to do with the God Posiden. It could have something to do with water but that is just a guess. It seems as though there should be more on that stone that is partially buried. You might try cleaning around it good and dig down around the edges just a little and see if there is another symbol.

Great pic, great monument thanks for sharing and welcome aboard.

Pinwheel

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cpowell. I got out my electric crayons and marked some things you may not have seen.

you have to magnify this pic some but you have a pair of birds. I believe they are ducks. With your 4 profile faces, these may be representing different cultures that you may have symbolism from. that could get real tricky.. Im not sure but that could be the message.

The right front leg of the elephant is what I think may be a priest. but it may be a man from the middle east. The magi. The smiling guy looking at the preist looks egyptian. The guy you see as the ear i believe is roman. I am not sure what the other guy is, Maybe someone could help us out with that.

In pic 995302 you posted (the last one) I can see a flying eagle headed left and up. there is also a hand and finger pointing left.

You have a lot to work with there have some fun.

Pinwheel

After doing a little more looking I believe that 4th guy is ameri-indian. one of the most interesting things is that dark spot in front of the indians face.

you have to make the image smaller or futher away to be able to define the indian.

One last edit. The smiliy face egyptian has a lighting bolt. His head dress makes the lighting bolt where his ear should be. (Death Trap)

ducks.jpg

Last edited:

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
cpowell, looks like this elephant is resting .. i dont see hind paws
View attachment 995546
* elephant ear maybe is a "white dog" head
* elephant don't cast on ground if the place it's not safe
* clean paws & "ducks" area (pinwheel) then take pictures
* take pictures from other angles .. if elephant "disappears"=wrong angle :sad5:
.. i'm not an expert :hello:

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
cpowell, sorry for word "cast" my mistake :icon_biggrin:, what i mean was:
if the place its not safe, elephant remains standing even if have to sleep
.. elephant looks like it is resting .. maybe announces a resting place

About the dog=> http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ng-royal-trail-lost-horse-13.html#post3703912
.. nature of the dog is be a guardian, man created it for that function

About 7=> maybe if, search more info about it in this forum

You moved a lot the camera view :rolleyes:, search on both sides the "good angle",
a range, from which, the largest number of symbols can be seen :thumbsup: ...
View attachment 997199
.. use the memory of your camera 8-)

If i understood well :icon_scratch: ..
elephant's paws(legs) points to the shrine & elephant eye to the resting place?

Last edited:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Consider not taking turtles and other "spanish" rocks you may find. You have removed part of a plan, trail or layout,in this case..a very important critical part of it. The degrees/directions and other information on it is lost forever, as its context is lost.

Leave it for the next explorer,the next seeker, allow them the pleasure, or if that does not appeal, do it for yourself, realizing down the road a year or so, you may better understand the use and meaning of such signs to reach a goal, and leave it for later. Because where it is, how it is placed, how the sun and shadows, fall and a lot of other things all play into how to interpret it.

Of course if it is going to be bulldozed or something like that, that is a slightly different story. Otherwise there really is no excuse for such an action. Its not like an arrowhead.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's about 2 foot long 18" wide. Maybe a little bigger. Pretty good lift when I loaded in the truck:)

Excuse me, but why in hell did you MOVE that turtle?? It's people like you who screw up the trails by removing items and "taking them home for yard art or some other fool reason. That turtle has most likely been in place for several HUNDRED YEARS at the least, but didn't last 5 minutes more after YOU found it.

jojosparks

Mar 8, 2013
I agree whole heartedly with y'all on that. It wasn't until I already got it cause I thought it was so unique and was showing a friend of mine that he starting telling me of the significance of the symbol. I'm love history and mysteries of our past. I'm learning.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree whole heartedly with y'all on that. It wasn't until I already got it cause I thought it was so unique and was showing a friend of mine that he starting telling me of the significance of the symbol. I'm love history and mysteries of our past. I'm learning.

Well, at least you're learning and won't do it again................right?? :)

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Here's something I thought I'd add to Thom's thread. I hope he don't mind.

Here's a link to the KGC forum where I wrote post #65.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/kgc/415781-kgc-5.html

Here's some more information about Artemis.

ARTEMIS GODDESS OF : Greek mythology

As you can see she's heavily associated with many different kinds of beasts. I think I'm going to start referring to the place I study as an Artemis site. I have enough animals to start a small zoo. :laughing7:

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well what about this one is it Spanish or Sunday, January 13, 2008 (4).jpg what? I hope it come out good Im not sure what to do.

Denaldo

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself have been studying mine symbols I got turned on by a book by Amy moiser called treasure trails of the Superstition Mountains is any body families with this book? I have been exploring for 6 years mostly on my own but found many here right in Phx proper

Denaldo

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found rocks with dates on it saying 1863 on a house with four squares on I'm south mountain what do they mean?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phoenix is a very, very OLD settlement site and is shown on the old Spanish maps of that area of North America. I have seen one map that not only shows the village of Phoenix, but also labels the south and southwestern area close by as "Seven Cities of Caballa". The irrigation canals that are running throughout the Phoenix area today are based on the original canals dug back in those old days......plus the hugh improvements and extensions.

So.....to find stones and homes with dates from the 1600s would certainly be possible, but don't jump to any "treasure" related assumptions. You'll have to do a whole lot more research. Concentrate on the history of your particular area. There could easily be caches hidden that date by to the 1500s and 1600s, left by some business man or petty thief. It's been written that there are at least one large and several small caches hidden in every county of the US. So do your research with these thoughts in mind.

Good Luck. :thumbsup:

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does this Monument tell us?

I found this monument in the desert, and I spent a lot of time working out the answer. This final monument was pointing to the treasure yard, where I finally located about 30 pounds of Chocolate Gold Pirate Coins, and 50 bags full of Gold Nugget Bubble Gum.

Attachments

• funnyface.jpg
    funnyface.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 219

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread