Possibly stumbled on to something

Robby Comstock

Feb 11, 2008
Colorado Springs
We went out yesterday to do some hiking and metal detecting and stumbled upon the first picture. We were diging up a find (bullet) and I glanced to my right and noticed something. I then showed my wife and she agreed she saw something as well. I climbed up to the rock and looked the same direction as the face and sure enough I saw another face up on the ridge. Now to make sure I am not dreaming up faces, since I have been reading about trail markers and reading on this forum, I pointed my 7 year in the general direction of the face up on the ridge and asked him if he saw anything. After about 30 seconds of looking and no help from us, he saw the face on the ridge as well. I would say the face on the ridge is about 1/2 mile away. (My digital camera would not take a good pic that far away. Will need to get closer to the face on the ridge next time to get a better picture.)

Attachments

• IMG_3649comp.JPG
    IMG_3649comp.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,058
  • IMG_3645comp.JPG
    IMG_3645comp.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,050
  • IMG_3641comp.JPG
    IMG_3641comp.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,046
OP
OP
Robby Comstock

Robby Comstock

Feb 11, 2008
Colorado Springs
I saw the one on the right at first and that is the one that points to the face up on the ledge. My wife saw the face(s) on the left and I had a hard time seeing them at first, but now that I look at the pictures I can see them.

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Had to look in your profile to see where you were as the terrain looks familiar.
I am on the western slope so i am dealing with the same stuff.
Hard to tell alot from small pictures but there is alot of info on that first rock.

When it comes to heads i have learned...
Looking down at a 45 is telling you to look in the same direction for something.
Straight up both large and so small it will amaze you is telling you that here is a
campsite or sentry point.
Looking off into the distance is either a trail in our out...and that depends on if the
head can be seen from one side or both. And usually you will find that this type of
head can only be seen along a cardinal point.

DW

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
your faces alone are treasures. old school faces. look where they look . usually face to the right or left away from each other. these will be the first ones i see. eventually you will see them facing in towards each other .sometimes from rock to rock. untill you find they start to look into each others eyes. as you do this you will see smaller and smaller faces until your really staring at it . this will take your eyes out of focus until you see each face. almost like turning pages from a book. but be careful these types of carvings are way deeper than you know. each rock can lead you into a strange path. keep your eyes open and your mind. good luck on your travels. sounds like bull oney but i assure its amazing.

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do these faces mean OD. Why were they put there by the Spanish. Also KR. Can you axplain a little more. what do you mean these carvings are deeper than you know. The reason I ask allot of strange things have been happening to me since I started visiting a site. Not bad things just very strange things. OD expect am E-Mail from. With Yes, More questions.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The face can only be seen from one direction because it points the way to go to get to a mine or major cache site the faces were designed to show you either the road in or out. they would have seperate trails for each if you were going the wrong way on a road it meant you were not a friend and could cost you your life.

Thom

OP
OP
Robby Comstock

Robby Comstock

Feb 11, 2008
Colorado Springs
Went back out to the site over the weekend and found some more trail markers. Notice the eye catcher in the first picture. The second picture is the another picture of the first set of pictures I posted, but this time I noticed another pointer. That pointer points to the last picture I have posted.

Attachments

• IMG_3715comp.JPG
    IMG_3715comp.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 772
  • IMG_3709comp.JPG
    IMG_3709comp.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 768
  • IMG_3722comp.JPG
    IMG_3722comp.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 776

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I hate to tell you this ,
But it looks as though you guys have a real Spanish trail going on here. You are going to want to have the camera handy all the time and be sure to take lots of pictures to study when you aren't on the trail.
So you can see what you overlooked in the field.

Have fun and stay safe don't forget to ask a question if you need to.

Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread