What does this rock say???

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Old Dog said:
You are correct there!

The Sweeds had the Spanish scared enough to stay away.

LOL
Thom
Nope....The Spanish did not want to hang around with such uncivilized barbarians. ;D (+ We could not offer them tea)
:sign10:

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
OD...member...we are dealing with tiny pics...200 kb's max on this board for posting so you lose all the detail right out the gate.
First...see the small heart to the upper right side...it is red in color to catch your eye. Second...note the size of said heart...that in itself speaks volumes. The hole maybe a hole...without a good look its hard to tell if its natural as the rocks in this are have a lot of natural holes from air pockets when they formed...being ones own worst critic helps in this game. Next up is the circled mini heart below said hole...faintly carved into the stone that ya all missed...very clever indeed. Ok...far left is either another small heart-turtle-or pointer. Bottom left is another red stone at the base of the the heart rock. Notice heart rock (with hole) is cut on the right side...this cut tells you about a DT. Bottom of heart stone also has the v notch in it....with its matching yang being carved out of the top of the heart stone. Now i did notice this heart stone is a part of a group that makes an arrow of sorts...and the stones next to the arrow are purposely black for some reason....and to the right of the picture i have circled one of those pointing yet again at the heart stone....so...in my experience...i'd say you are standing on top of something more or less. If you wish to meet OD and i let us know. I own a two box (whites TM808)....so if at some point you want some help...don't be afraid to ask...we don't wish to gain any part of what comes out of your area...believe me...we have our hands full enough with 3 sites here of our own and two of mine in az to be woryin about somethin else...lol.

Attachments

• E8rock3E.jpg
    E8rock3E.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 795

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Eagle,
Note also the juniper branch stuck in the ground Between the tiny pointing heart and the stone with the hole.
this we have found these small sticks can be in place for hundreds of years and can indicate many things.

Thom

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I've got a question and maybe something to consider - what about the tree that is layed over at the top above the rocks - up past the heart. Looks like it was bent to point uphill. Does this have anything to do with it or is it part of a throw you off trail. - Just learning and wondering.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
If you notice that branch, log or ...
is standing more or less at point on one end and the other end trails off .
The pointing end points right at that small heart stone.

Thom

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ok, I would have figured that it was pointing uphill (small end = arrow) but I see what you mean now. TYVM for the info you have posted in all the sign threads and your "playground" so to speak in CO. I try to visit CO every year (elk hunting) and will be out there in Sept near Pagosa Springs. Problem I have now is that I don't know how much hunting I can get done while looking for signs and symbols, lol.

Reminds me of when I lived in MT, and makes me wonder why in the heck I moved. There is no place like the wide open west. It is truly God's country and I agree with you - when you are out there alone high on a mountain miles from another human being you can not get any closer to God while you are alive.

Good luck and keep posting. Hopefully I will have a few pictures for you to look at sometime in the near future......

Jamie

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe The Shadow casted by the juniper branch stuck in the ground Between the tiny pointing heart and the stone with the hole.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
That could be,

a good reason to watch your site for a while just to see how the sun plays with it.
it can make all the difference sometimes.

Thom

OP
OP
eagle

eagle

Apr 11, 2008
Here is a little more to look at.....
Please Tell me about this one...

Attachments

• crop277.jpg
    crop277.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 766

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
There is a true trail sign , but not much more than that.
Here is a negative version of that sign.

Thom

Attachments

• indexCA0POB82.jpg
    indexCA0POB82.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 744

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are we looking at ???

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is that. It looks somewhat like a money sign $$$$.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The sign you are looking for is the top part of this sign,

Attachments

• indexCAJNM937.jpg
    indexCAJNM937.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 724
  • indexCAJNM937.jpg
    indexCAJNM937.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 724

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OD , E mail on It's way. You can post the picture here. Don't know what the letters C.F. Stand for.

F

Felinepeachy

I have a dumb question I'm sure but the red heart rock you're talking about seems small. That being said, I am just wondering if the weather, through a long period of time would cause a stone that size to move or slide at all. I mean, how do you know that it is in the spot it's supposed to be in. It looks like a strong wind could move it. I don't know anything about this stuff but I do find it fascinating. ???

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Peachy,

The size of a stone out here is relative only to where it sits on the ground.
We have a natural occurrence here that is kind of cool.
where a flat stone sits on the ground , and if it doesn't move the weather will wear away the soil around it and cause a pedestal to form I have seen places where these pedestals are as tall as several inches with a small stone on the top.
I grew up calling them Mexican hats because sometimes the stone is as big as a dinner plate and the pedestal is a foot or more tall.
In the case of very large stones the pedestal can be a few feet tall.

If the stone was placed in a given position ... it probably hasn't moved.

Thom

hetty

May 24, 2007
Re pic #3. The rock with the pointed front I call an excited marker, meaning you are b---- y close. They always travel uphill re burial of caches. Its the only way they can install a death trap.
Next clue is the black rocks on the right. Black always means a border line not to cross over, not to go past , in this case keep to the left keep to the left or no no in general. The ancient piece of trunk of a tree further up the hill , if it is three and a quarter paces up from the excited rock there will be a cache below the arched section of the tree. The shadows of the rocks confirm here. Also never never dig down on an angle which they encouraged with "follow me" markers. Leaving you vunerable to rocks to a rock fall onto your head. Always excavate with the sky above your head. Obvious underground signs are Always decoys. They used distances and shadows and points of the compass as there real indicators.
In this case if there is an obvious marker under the arch of the branch which may mean a no no be ready to switch to 45 degrees to the right, still three and a quarter paces from the "excited rock" Again under the arch of the tree branch, your only cosher clue may be one single solitary small pointed stone and hardening of the soil when digging as a deterrent. Check with soil at least a dozen paces away and compare. Max

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions