Duck?

Desert Rat 53

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2008
I've read about duck symbols and was wondering if this is one. I'm new to spanish treasure hunting and could use some input on this. Also is there any other symbols I should be aware of. Thanks in advance there seem to be some pretty knowledgeable folks here and I'm glad I found this forum. Really interesting stuff going on in here.

Attachments

• duck.jpg
    duck.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 799

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there something that directed your attention to this particular location to search for treasure signs, ie a map, literature?

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in your pic, and certainly nothing that I would call a treasure sign, just an ordinary rock wall.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
You guys all need to know that there will be another duck,
similar to this one and pointed at the same place.

Ducks fly, swim and nest in pairs.

SC Catfish,
where do you see a second duck?

This swimming duck is pointing at something,
The only way to be sure of the point is to find it's mate.

If no mate is found look again at what is on your wall,
I'm not so sure it is a duck.

Thom

OP
OP
D

Desert Rat 53

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2008
No nothing lead me to this I just noticed it when looking at some pics I took at my site. I am going to look for another duck next time I go out. Catfish, I don't see the other duck could you point it out for me please. I read that a duck means the trail ducks out and you need to find another duck to find the correct trail to take. Is the other duck you need to find smaller?

Attachments

• duck 1.jpg
    duck 1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 724
OP
OP
D

Desert Rat 53

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2008
It would be nice if you good people would show or tell me where these things you see are in my pic and what you think they might mean. I see a small seven in the lower right corner, a snake in the lower left corner(the snake is pointing up and it's a shadow sign), a bird in the upper right corner (tan rock in shadow), but it's easy to make out things in this pic if you look at it long enough. dsty I noticed you posted a pic from this post in Old Dogs thread about basic signs and symbols and telling him thank you, do you know where this duck is, are you aware of where my site is, and if so for how long? If you've known about it, and for some time, maybe we could compare notes on it and come to some conclusions on where it all leads. A partnership so to speak, I don't ever see any trace of anyone else being out there. If so give me your e-mail and we can talk. DR53

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey DR53,

I saw the duck immediately. It is not a treasure sign though. Animal signs typically show either a trail that is good for animals, or (in the case of Fish, Ducks, and sometimes Turtles) where to find water.

As for all the other things that are being seen, I wouldn't put too much stock in them. If you start enlarging your pics and spend hours staring at them, your mind will matrix the pics, and see things that aren't there.

I wouldn't BS you, and I'm waaaay past seeing things that aren't there.

That said, your duck (if it is a man made marker), will lead you either to another marker, or to a water source. The only way to tell, is follow the direction the duck is looking, and see where it takes you.

Best-Mike

OP
OP
D

Desert Rat 53

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2008
Kid, I think I see the skull does that mean death trap or danger? Theres alot to see in this pic, you should see the area around this pic, there are alot of interesting things but I'm affraid I can't post it for fear of giving it away. Maybe I will post some pics of them in a singular manor later so's not to give up the location. Thank you all for your input and comments, and thanks for welcoming me to this forum. I will post other pics of my site now and again hoping we all can get something from them. DR53

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i wouldnt know what the skull might mean. but i would definitely look where he is looking. profiles are trail markers towards home not going to mine area or cache. so i guess you could reverse the profiles. possibly over hill behind him along trail. i would assume death traps could be presant at any cache/ mine site. the duck could mean possibly where water is located nearby which is more precious than gold. at times. but i do think the duck does mean to duck under. possibly under water. if so then possibly st john would be used if it has biblical symbology related to the site. st john was the baptist who also is associated with under water. but i only say this because this is what i have found here. i have located another site not far away which i believe is a st matthew site. represented by the oxe. vocal history has it that there are 4 caches located here in massachusetts. revolutionary war era caches british/ hessien plunder/weapons. hence all four saints could be used here. my guess they are in a diamond pattern. seeing i may know two locations the other two should be easily pin pointed on a map then reconned to see if any saint symbology is presant . sorry to get onto my subject but i thought these things may help you . ways to look at a site . kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
before you release a trap you must first pass a test of courage to determine if you are not an innocent person. they make sure your after their cache before they are allowed to kill you. one way is the duck method. if you dive under to proceed further into a cave/tunnel your fair game. you may see deadfalls of rubble above you dont touch them they are deterants. more tests. at least thirteen traps or deterants will be presant

OP
OP
D

Desert Rat 53

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2008
Thank you for your input on this Kidrock. It's way to hot to get back out there for awhile. I'm not real smart on signs and symbols but I know when it's not a good time to go out in the heat esp when it's over 115. When I do get out probably in sept I will have copied your info and will take it with me. I copy some things for my own reference since I go out by myself theres no one to share it with anyway. I could use a partner but for now it's just me and my notes and pics. I know it's not a good idea to go out alone but it's better than sitting at home thinking about it. I'm not going to start digging or moving material without a good deal of thought going into what I'm getting myself into and I'll probably ask you good peoples opinions on my finds as far as if I'm on the right track or not, I might be some dumb but I'm not plum dumb. DR53

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kiddrock33 said:
before you release a trap you must first pass a test of courage to determine if you are not an innocent person. they make sure your after their cache before they are allowed to kill you. one way is the duck method. if you dive under to proceed further into a cave/tunnel your fair game. you may see deadfalls of rubble above you dont touch them they are deterants. more tests. at least thirteen traps or deterants will be presant

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Where, praytell, did you get that information?

Best-Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kiddrock33 said:

..............I feel the need to comment further here.

Kiddrock,

I normally let people believe whom they wish, unless I see potential danger in someone's suggestions. IF and I say IF there is a death trap, then CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You've might have just killed Desert Rat 53!

I don't personally care where your whacky facts take you, but when your recommendations for dealing with a Death Trap involve telling someone to "just pass on by, and don't touch it." I HAVE to jump in here.

A Spanish Death Trap does not care if you are courageous or cowardly. It ONLY cares whether or not you know how to bypass or disarm it. Let's just say that DesertRat53 follows your advice, and when(IF) he encounters a lot of rubble overhead, he crawls slowly under it, without touching anything, and while he is paying attention to the rubble overhead, the false floor drops him 15-20 feet into a pit, triggering the overhead rubble to drop in the pit on top of him as well.

Desert Rat 53,

First. Like I said before; Animal symbols typically only mean either a Trail suitable for animals, or, in the case of fish, ducks, and sometimes turtles, the way to a water source.

Second, on the off chance that you encounter what you might think is a Death Trap, stop where you are. Retrace your steps EXACTLY back out of the tunnel. If you aren't already with someone, GET SOMEBODY! The last thing you want to do is be by yourself, and get trapped in a tunnel. Take copious amounts of photographs of the entrance to the tunnel. Using a bright light and flash photography, take pictures of of the walls (top to bottom) of the tunnel. The floor, and the roof. Send the photos to someone who knows what they are talking about (Mike Pickett @ Treasure Hunters University .com, or myself, and I could privately recommend a few others for a second opinion).

Best-Mike

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
How many folks have been hurt or killed by these spanish death traps before?

Where can I read about these incidents...?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
How many folks have been hurt or killed by these spanish death traps before?

Where can I read about these incidents...?

That can be a bit of a problem. See, when you find a REAL Death Trap, it only means one thing. You are in close proximity to a valuable mine or cache site. I don't think anybody is going to advertise the location of their potential site.

Get Chuck Kenworthy's Book "Death Traps to Treasure" In the introduction, he writes a bit about a few of his team that had close calls and were injured by Death Traps. I know for a fact that Kenworthy found more than a couple of valuable caches. The information in Kenworthy's Books is VERY valuable, but know that Kenworthy didn't put ALL his information in his books.

Best-Mike

OP
OP
D

Desert Rat 53

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2008
Thanks gollum, if and when I do find a tunnel I will definately take alot of pics and now I know where to send them to have them checked out. As I said I might be some dumb but I'm not plum dumb. I appreciate all the input I can get from everyone especially when it could save my a$$. I haven't been at this long but I think I'm getting a mindset for it. I've learned alot from reading other posts and studying my pics and have figured out some things but I've got along ways to go and probably a million questions to ask but I believe I have a better understanding of it all from what I've read and from the pics you all have posted. I'll just take my time and try to figure more of this out myself and then ask questions, but don't let that stop from anyone throwing me a bone if they want, every dog loves a bone now and again. DR53

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey DR53,

Get Kenworthy's Book: "Death Traps to Treasure" You can find it online for $15-$20. Chuck K. put a lot of good information in there.

If you have any ideas on hunting Spanish Treasure, there are several books on Treasure Markers and Monuments, but learn everything you can about what can jump out and bite you!

Mike Pickett's Website:
www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com
is a wealth of information. You can also download tons of free digitized books, maps, and military field manuals on my website:
www.1oro1.com

Best-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions