DEATH TRAPS: Here We Go Again........................

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
There you go Mike.

Abd SWR is on ignore ...

Thom

Why put him on ignore? Have some fun with it! He/she is having fun with us, be nice and return the favor1

Best-Mike

S

someotherdude

Maybe now you guys can get back to the subject matter at hand. Like I'd like to know the variety of these death traps newbies like myself should be on the look out for ? Maybe describe or with pictures or even drawings lemme hear about the gases or hidden pitfalls etc... :icon_pirat:

S

someotherdude

Although that's good info Thom I was hoping to spark some more lively conversation between you ol'e timers. seeing your pics n hearing your tales is what makes the learning part fun :tongue3: :thumbsup:

Poncho33

Greenie
Feb 6, 2008
Well, Old Dog, Gollum, and et. al., I must chime in my 2 cents. Yes, death traps are real. I personally know of one, that was still photographed AND video photographed at the time it was "triggered" to get rid of it. It was not an accident of nature; it had been purposely set up by human hands. It was stunning to witness from a distance, I can tell you that. The photos and video are not mine to share, unfortunately. Be this as it may, SWR is free to believe in his own beliefs. Just as my own now deceased mother firmly belived until her dying day that the moon is made of cheese, and all the calamities and difficulties in this world are a result of man walking on the moon. She firmly believed that and there could be NO discussion with her about it. She did not understand that her belief was not scientific nor logical.

At any rate, Old Dog, Gollum, et. al., perhaps we have a volunteer in SWR to test his fate against a real death trap. Since he has never seen one, he wouldn't know one until it fell on him. I suggest that you not potshot at SWR, but invite him along on your expedition to clear out a death trap. Similar to the Egyptian Army in the 1973 war with Isrial, when they used pedestrian Egyptian soldiers as human mine clearing devices.

Poncho33

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poncho,

It's like I said previously. I think it is possible that SWR does what he does simply to get a rise out of people. That's why I don't take anything he says THAT seriously.

I know that no matter what I do or say, there will ALWAYS be naysayers and way-out-theres (people who won't believe ANYTHING, and people who will believe EVERYTHING, and neither will ever find A THING). :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor:

Best-Mike

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
gollum said:
Poncho,

It's like I said previously. I think it is possible that SWR does what he does simply to get a rise out of people. That's why I don't take anything he says THAT seriously.

I know that no matter what I do or say, there will ALWAYS be naysayers and way-out-theres (people who won't believe ANYTHING, and people who will believe EVERYTHING, and neither will ever find A THING). :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor:

Best-Mike
Well put.

hetty

May 24, 2007
About 2 years ago, i had a hired help with muscles like a bodybuilder and not a lot up top. I had him slinging a sledgehammer at an outcrop ( hand made) when we noticed a vague tunnel shape at 3 oclock and level with the floor. . Without asking me what we should do he picked up a long handled shovel and shoved it up the small tunnel. A distinct click was heard and a hand shaped rock about 100 lbs slid down at an angle and landed at his toes. The moral of this tale is never use short handle shovels cause they are there. Max

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking into a vault that had many hollow metal balls, with gun powder. Fortunately most were deteriorated and fell apart without going off. Now I am concerned the main vault will have arsenic on the treasure. How do I clean the treasure and the floor to assure none of my people are harmed?

How about a dust/mist respirator & chemical suit (PCB oil should work) type overalls,
rubber pull over booties, long chemical gloves (light ones will work with dry chems.),
maybe face/head covering, etc. Gently pick up & lay in bag or carrying pouch. Take
out in open air, rinse off & wipe clean, while still all suited up? Just a thought...

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a dust/mist respirator & chemical suit (PCB oil should work) type overalls,
rubber pull over booties, long chemical gloves (light ones will work with dry chems.),
maybe face/head covering, etc. Gently pick up & lay in bag or carrying pouch. Take
out in open air, rinse off & wipe clean, while still all suited up? Just a thought...

In this day an age it is easy to have soil samples done to tell what's in the ground after all its not going anywhere right. If positive follow suite with what Crosse De Sign instructed.

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread title caught my attention, my car is named the Death Trap..

230.1.jpg

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• P1010531 (2).JPG
    P1010531 (2).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
  • P1010532 (2).JPG
    P1010532 (2).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0862 (9).JPG
    DSC_0862 (9).JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0745 (7).JPG
    DSC_0745 (7).JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:

SpanishTHunter

Feb 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The people who say death traps don’t exist have no idea what they are talking about! When my friend and I dug down 5 ft to expose a shaft, when I looked inside, well let’s just say it all came full circle! Nothing could of prepared me for what I witnessed! Absolutely real!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread