Treasure Marks/Signs - Diagnosed Here

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
bob631 said:
Old Dog said:
Thanks Bob,
No need to take a photo with a tape. At that altitude I have seen many that were as big as 3 feet.
You are just about 500 feet + or - from timberline and that is proof enough.

Hey , I for one would like to see the inscription above that old mine if you can get in to get one.
You have peaked my interest.

Thanks in advance,
Thom

Thank you Thom,

I think most of the fun is documenting this stuff anyway and I would like a more accurate age myself and if showing the actual size helps date the tree I need to start doing it( I always assume the bigger around the older the tree but I'm not a tree expert :wink:). If anyone wants the exact gps locations I am happy to give them to you if you send me an e-mail. I Too want a picture of that stone in the entry way of the costello's mine, it's pretty amazing something has survived that long, it is an actual gold producing mine.

Bob,
I was able to get out with a buddy for a little while.
We went up on Columbine pass and caught one of those old aspens.
Here it is just as we found it.

Thom

Attachments

• 72708_027 A.jpg
    72708_027 A.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 9,043

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
bob631 said:
plan on going up to treasure mountain above Ouray this weekend.

Beautiful country up there :) Lots of Gold mines too.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
djui5 said:
bob631 said:
plan on going up to treasure mountain above Ouray this weekend.

Beautiful country up there :) Lots of Gold mines too.

Lived there in '74 and worked in a 2-man mine (me and the old man who owned it) above Ouray for awhile. Don't remember Treasure Mountain though (except over by Wolf Creek Pass) - whereabouts is it?

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Springfield said:
Lived there in '74 and worked in a 2-man mine (me and the old man who owned it) above Ouray for awhile. Don't remember Treasure Mountain though (except over by Wolf Creek Pass) - whereabouts is it?

Hell if I know, never heard of it either. I was referring to UOOGHray :)

Found this site though, maybe this is what Bob was referring to? Kinda far from Ouray though:

http://www.coloradovacation.com/history/treasuremtn.html

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Miner49er said:

49er I have looked at this every possible way and can't make heads or tails with the info provided.
It is just a really wierd spot on a GE picture, with no context.
sorry.
I would have responded sooner but wanted to look at least once more.

Thom

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean Tesoro Dog. I have trouble concentrating in the field. Spend more time looking out for stinky Rattle snakes than on Markers." I hate snakes ". I do what old dog says. Take lots of pictures then go back and study them from HOME.

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Hey Mesa!!

Before I realized it, I went after it with a folded up newspaper!! HA! Great sign! No chips, no cracks, just a straight forward combo sign. Wish I new, what it means! All my signs seem to be blended in, and hard to make out. Victorio! Isn't it amazing, how pictures give you like another dimension, to see things in. We would never spot important things, if it were not for the camera. TD

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
[/img]

Attachments

• rock (1408 x 1056).jpg
    rock (1408 x 1056).jpg
    359 KB · Views: 8,862
  • rock2 (1408 x 1056).jpg
    rock2 (1408 x 1056).jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 8,812
OP
OP
rangler

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
welcome to the forum , thanks for posting the nice pic.....
what are we looking at 2fishon?, I can see an elephant head but without a confirmation mark , I cant be sure any hoyos (holes) which you can see blue sky thru from the correct angle?

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
2fishon!!!

Can you see the Saint standing in the opening, looking up to Heaven? Center left. Pic # rock 2. Light colored robe, colored beard and hair, even has an ear. Plus many other fiqures. Amazing!! Thanks TD

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sorry no confirmation marks. Thats a nasty hike after a really bad stream crossing. I'll try to get up there sometime soon. I do see the saint, never noticed that before. Diagonally down to the left from the turtle head, or whatever it is, is a face. I noticed it first. You can really see it at first light. It looks like a man's face with a helmet.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hey 2fishon,

First let me say i do not have have much experience and even less knowledge but i do have a lot of enthusiasm! (That will carry us through right?) ::) I've never found a mine or treasure so can only share what i am doing right now.

It is hard to say or see what is here. Generally I look for straight lines where most are curved, or vice versa. Then i just relax,take it all in, and see if i get a sense, if overall the site seems to be pointing one way. Then i check if the clearly natural rocks are pointing one way..or is it something else that gave that impression,

This one seems to generally be pointing to the right and down to me.

So I've marked what has caught my eye..that i would want to check out a bit closer. The whole triple fletched arrow area is interesting.

From afar looks like a V carved and or maybe something else. There seems to be a white rock with
straight edge angle pointing to the right leaning up against it. Maybe with a dot on it..hard to tell.
On top of it may sit a smaller rock that could be of interest. Though from the picture it is hard to tell if it is on top, or simply behind it.

The other arrows point to things I would want a closer look at either because the shape is unusual, perhaps hard edges, unlike surrounding rock formations or they seem like they might be possible pointers.

The larger rock on the left caught my eye because it seems to have a block of black rock fitted in, capped with more natural rock. It may even have a V shape built in with black rock. From this distance it looks like it might have three different and diverse kinds of rock that fit together on straight lines...almost as if it had been fitted together but that is speculative at this time because it is so far away.

I've not seen natural formations of differing rocks so cleanly divided in that particular shape. It may be completely natural.But it seems different that other rock formations.

Plus..well i hesitate to mention this..but at the bottom of that rock is what might be a white arrow pointing down. Seems too obvious though for that to be real. A big black V and in case you miss that..a white arrow down below.

So wait till it cools down and take a closer look! If your luck is like mine, it may all end up to be mostly natural..but it maybe not!
vrock.jpg

PS the orangish triple fletched arrow area reminds me of an owl looking back over its shoulder. The head rather flat flaced. There are lots of other interesting things that would me me want to check this site out closer. Like that serpentine formation lower right with the flat face and rock debris by the face. And a lot of other things. I guess i would crawl all over that site looking for marks.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
There are three points that I would like to see closer.
The upper squares show what could be eyecatcher type pointers.
and the lower box could be a monument of a biblical nature.
Note that all the alleged figures in this alleged monument are all looking the same way.

Attachments

• indexCALZDPOG.jpg
    indexCALZDPOG.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 8,306

treasurehntr

Aug 21, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / Whites TM808
Hi 2fishon,
looks to me you have alot going on here.What really caught my eye looking from left to right.
There seems to be alot of small drawings on this rock , & small "A". Looks to be a heart, drawing on rock looks to be another "A" could also be an "N" there as well. White washed rock with what looks to be two XX's
far right looks to be the #4 possible the #9,, What is really cool is the white cross @ the top of the page.
Treasurehntr,,,

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 8,271

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread