Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
goverton said:
Springfield said:
Looks like an ordinary heart-shape rock. It must have had some significance to its original owner. My girlfriend finds them when we're hiking, lugs them home and places them all over our property. Go figure.

Hmmm well, one day someone will be diggin around your property thinking they hit it big with all those Hearts!! :headbang:

And I live on part of a patented mining claim to boot. Ha ha - there're enough red herrings around here to keep 'em digging for a long time. If they find something, I hope they share it.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i got rocks sticking there tongue out at me laughing cause i cant find there goodies. what the heck does that mean?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, dog, that shadow you've circled in blue sure looks sharp and well defined and kinda sorta resembles a turkey / chicken track.

The 2 shadows to the right kinda caught my eye, too. The larger square is around what looks like a man, riding a horse with a large pack on his back OR tied to the saddle behind him. The second square surronds what, at first, looked like someone blowing one of those loooooong bodied horns..........like Gabriel might have. The square up at the top of the pic, is around what might be a natural shadow OR a walking man.

nm1230211 222-dogther.jpg

JUDDZILLA

Dec 11, 2011
Allentown, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
JUDDZILLA said:
I found it wrapped in paper in a sealed container from an estate sail. Help ID please. Thanks guys!
It is NOT "Heart" shaped. I didnt photo it to show the dimensions very well, my fault. It is definetely altered by man. The wedge shape is straight,both top and bottom cut(?), to a perfect corner with No rounding inside of corner. And you can see 2 more straight lines gouged into the inside of that area too almost like just in case you weren't sure if that's the marker or not you'd see that and have no doubt. That position the rock is in that pic is the only pic I posted it in and that IS the correct positioning. So it LOOKS LIKE AN ARROW and the inside markings are very visible to someone standing upright. My fault for poor photos. I truly believe it was,without a doubt, a marker/directional for something. Of what, I will never know. Still cool though.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
dog said:
well i got rocks sticking there tongue out at me laughing cause i cant find there goodies. what the heck does that mean?

Dog t TH,

Sometimes....blocked (mouth of) cave/tunnel.

Oddrock

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
this might be something?and is this a white rock with drill hole?

Attachments

• nmss122011 3 094head bell.JPG
    nmss122011 3 094head bell.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 771

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dog said:

dog the treasure hunter,

In your red circle, the nose on face, could that be a # "7" and mouth an inverted "V" (<) for confirmation. The rock to the right could have topography of area you will encounter next.

The large circle in green may be a bird looking to the right. :dontknow:

Pala y Pico

Attachments

• nmss122011_3_094head_bell[1].JPG
    nmss122011_3_094head_bell[1].JPG
    121 KB · Views: 601

Pala Y Pico

Jan 18, 2011
Colorado and New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the red pill,....................................................................................... where is Morpheus?

Attachments

• 300px-RedpillMatrix[1].png
    300px-RedpillMatrix[1].png
    11.2 KB · Views: 435
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
casca,shortstack,oddrock,hadji009,payla p, thanks for the input and pointing out some other things.sometimes i think iam getting close to understanding things,then it seems i have no ideal and iam back to square one. yes, alice may just be the ticket, or lucy in the sky with diamonds, humm,that just may be the ticket.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have faces looking up,i have faces looking down in the dirt,i have them looking east,and west and north and south,and i have no ideal what they all mean :dontknow:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
You might revisit this one and study it carefully and what is in front of it. No expert, but I sure would.

Further more, I possibly see some aztec related things on it. So take lot of pics to document it. Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks promising along those lines. Not that Aztec did it for solely Aztec reasons, it might have been some Aztec allies traveling along with whoever. Wow.

Attachments

• dthsuneyesdogwerejagetc.jpg
    dthsuneyesdogwerejagetc.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 329
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks moons for the info on that photo,it just didnt fit with the stuff i see that looks way more moderen and sharper cuts.its funny you should say that,because across from there on the other hillside is what i thought looked like natural stone formations lightly worked by some long ago people.with a few newer sharper cut stones that i useally see. same as that side of the hill,as i went along a old mule trail,i could see the newer stuff,rock carrins,stumps,sharper cuts of stones mixed in.heres a photo from that same group and same area that i thought was man alter,but way older.have no ideal on its meaning :dontknow:?, thanks for the info. moons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread