Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the Priest is praying.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, i believe you are right shortstack. if your there other than morning you would never know he was there. you can only see that that stone has been cut. at different times of the day,no shadow of him. that area has really been kicking my butt. i know something of importance is there,i just haven't been able to zero in on it. gonna try and get up there after a heavy rain and see if i can pick up some gases releasing with a i.r. lens. i have to cheat, i cant figure out there coded signs.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, let's see. He shows up only in the morning.......morning prayers. What else would a priest do in the morning just before or after prayers. That answer could tell you what kind of sign to look for, next in the sequence.

There's no cheating when you use all available tools and techniques. I found out recently that cell phone cameras take photos in the IR range, too. I tested mine and varified it. To test yours, just turn it on and point a tv or stereo remote at the camera opening and press any button. If your camera can see into the IR zone, the the transmitter LEDs of the remote will look like headlights of a car on the phone's monitor screen. That's how a lot of folks are getting pictures of UFOs when they're snapping photos outside. A photo of someone or some landmark, etc. will have a UFO in the background sky. That's proven they use some kind of IR cloaking.

Anyway, if you could borrow or buy a "game camera" and set it up to take photos every 15 to 30 minutes, through out the day, AND NIGHT, you could conceivably "map" a whole days worth of sun and shadow snaps of any sight. You would need a camera with the ability to be set for timed shots as well as motion activated ones. Then, just use the TIMED choice.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info. on the i.r. camera,shortstack. i belive it works,but conditions have to be right in your area. thanks for the info.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the sun shines on that spot sometimes during the day, then, I'd call it a sun sign. Otherwise, it's a diamond shaped eye catcher. What about these 2 other things (in red circles)?
5122012 132-dogtthr.jpg

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great site, would love to snoop the area myself, sucks to be on the east coast. Reminds me of the monument Mike posted a while back. I'm sure it's also on his site too. 1oro1.com or something like that, would have to actually look. Here is what I see. Also, might look like a owl with its head turned... on top of that monument. Absolute eye-catcher.

Attachments

• geometry.jpg
    geometry.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 450
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shortstack, thanks for pointing those other two things out. i seen that lower bright spot, but i thought it was just weeds. now that i looked closer i guess it isnt. thanks. then looking at what you circled to the right,got me looking over there,where it had me spot that sun triangle.thanks. thanks on saying the center one is eye catcher,not sun. i see the difference now after spotting the sun triangle,pointer?thanks. View attachment 636606

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waz up dog. sorry couldn't resist. IMO red circle lightning bolt yellow skull? looking at bolt blue circle bird looking at black circle rabbit jumping from and looking at bolt. theres more but can't really see at that angle. again in my opinion you are at the spot. bolt.JPG

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes time of year makes a difference too SS for viewing. Early spring is best, but fall works ok too. I dont seem to get a lot mid day. Just 2 hours of sunset and sunrise saves time.

I also change my view point. I have found spots that require you on your knees to view, or up high as on a horse. I have found facing say North or South while taking a picture also gave up clues.

I recently spent a day 80 miles north of me near Elephant Butte lake. There was signs that would not show up in the morning that showed up in late afternoon.

I am seeing carved squares with a dot in them.

Now I have found signs under rocks in shadows, buried, or hidden behind a cover stone. So I have considered investing in a Thermal Imaging camera. Also during the day I sometimes use filters.

My small digital camera has a 3x power telephoto that works well for most situations. I recently added a tripod to my kit and the picture quality has greatly improved.

For holes and looking around rocks I use a little black tape and a walking stick with a small led flashlight for short videos.

Only problem I have had is mistaking a leaf for a sword. So I try to ad something for scale when doing close up pictures.

Weight is a problem for me so keeping things light or dual purpose is my goal. For instance my Dark Safety glasses also work well as a filter.

I have dragged metal detectors along but found them useless due to terrain, or depth things are buried. A small rap with my walking stick is more accurate in finding hollow spaces and alerting snakes I am coming. A hand held pinpointer that is adjustable will get you better results when climbing or tight spaces.

Now my smart phone does a great job with pictures and videos. But does not film in the RAW format. I dont like giving locations away so a cell phone even in a cave is a bad idea.

Last a good photo editing program will make the work a lot easier. I actually use several. I use paint to quickly resize and crop my photos and then a free program called Picasa to put each photo through some paces. I have considered a clip on video cam for my hat for future explorations.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, John. I was in our local Radio Shack last Friday and spotted a CAMCORDER on an ear piece. It's setup to clip over the ear lobe and look parallel to your line of vision. The price tag read $149.95. I didn't investigate to see how it records it's movies so I don't know if it is on an internal chip or sent through a lead to something on your belt. It seemed to be all self contained, though.

Last edited:

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, John. I was in our local Radio Shack last Friday and spotted a CAMCORDER on an ear piece. It's setup to clip over the ear lobe and look parallel to your line of vision. The price tag read $149.95. I didn't investigate to see how it records it's movies so I don't know if it is on an internal chip or sent through a lead to something on your belt. It seemed to be all self contained, though.

Local huh...now I understand some conversations and the context better. For some reason I thought you lived further out west.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey there, billythekidder. thanks for the info. on the photo. iam gonna head to a canyon below there,that is hidden from the main trail,and look for a cache there. thanks everyone for the input.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread