Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2013
Caribbean, Bahamas, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Fisher Magnetometer, ...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assistance with discovered Spanish Treasure Symbols, please

To all you Spanish treasure symbol scholars on this very intriguing website, I offer my sincere greetings.

It is a pleasure to be here and I am delighted to have the opportunity to share a small discovery with you.

From a distant Caribbean location I uncovered this stone inscription that I assume some of you veterans can decipher. Many of the symbols appear to match what, I presume, are found by you, in the geographic locations of New Mexico and Colorado. If I am correct, they appear to be Spanish, in origin.

Because I am a novice in this field, I decided to introduce these images to your panel of seasoned experts to see if any are inclined to offer interpretation. Based upon the wealth of experience that I observe is among you, I imagine this will be a simple task.

Any of your comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you. Thanking you in advance. Luna Dolphin

Estimated Cave Layout 3.jpg File0004054 1.jpg XXX Inscription-2 EDIT 1.jpg

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOOK AT YOUR LAST PHOTO AND MATCH THE BLACK MARKINGS ON THE STONE WITH the HILL.LOOK FOR BLACK OR WHITE MARKINGS.LOOK AT LOOP AND I SEE A WHITE CROSS.
TAKE CARE
TOM

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently found some trail trees on some property in east Texas, I had posted it on a forum and did some research to find out if I was suppose to inform anyone of these trees. I came across this web page and I think it is really cool. I hope we can get the word out so that more of these trees can be documented and preserve the history. Trail Tree Project

I am not even sure the ones I found are trail trees, but the feedback I am getting seems to look that way. Here are 9 different trees that I have found at least once, some of them I have found again and have the GPS information and will list them if the owner of the ranch is okay with it. This tree here IMGP9740.JPG IMGP9741.JPG I found once and took the photo because I thought the tree was cool, that is before I learned about the trail trees. I have looked twice again for this tree so I can get more photos and take a better look at it, but no such luck.

If you have any comments about any of these trees or any of this post I would love to hear from you. I will try to find comments related to me on this post if you would rather post hear, but because this post is so long and it is hard to find comments related to my specific post, please email me or follow this link to leave me comments, http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-marks-signs/337388-trees-trail-trees.html

Attachments

• IMGP9848.JPG
    IMGP9848.JPG
    299.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Tree One 03.JPG
    Tree One 03.JPG
    356.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Tree 2 Two 0 (3).JPG
    Tree 2 Two 0 (3).JPG
    377.3 KB · Views: 207
  • Tree 2 two 9.JPG
    Tree 2 two 9.JPG
    384 KB · Views: 203
  • Tree 3 Three 02.JPG
    Tree 3 Three 02.JPG
    394.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Tree 3 Three 07.JPG
    Tree 3 Three 07.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Tree 4 12.JPG
    Tree 4 12.JPG
    359 KB · Views: 231
  • Tree 5 HMH SAND Road 24.JPG
    Tree 5 HMH SAND Road 24.JPG
    420.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Tree One 09.JPG
    Tree One 09.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 6 DSCN1683.JPG
    6 DSCN1683.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 216
  • 6DSCN16845.JPG
    6DSCN16845.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 201
  • 7IMGP984 13.JPG
    7IMGP984 13.JPG
    344.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 8DSCN1660.JPG
    8DSCN1660.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
  • 9DSCN1657.JPG
    9DSCN1657.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 188
  • 8DSCN1663b.JPG
    8DSCN1663b.JPG
    392.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

wacky22

Oct 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi to all..does anybody here help me to analyze this treasure sign..what does it mean and what other thing to find..the sign place at at center of the river and there was a big rock with that hole...its just a japanese sign?or not/?

Img00280.jpg

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi to all..does anybody here help me to analyze this treasure sign..what does it mean and what other thing to find..the sign place at at center of the river and there was a big rock with that hole...its just a japanese sign?or not/?

View attachment 749086

Looks like people quit posting on here, I posting the entry above yours and haven't received any feedback either. I wanted to take the time to welcome you to Tnet and to tell you to scroll up this page about half way, I saw some things that look similar to yours. I hope this helps.
Cindy

wacky22

Oct 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like people quit posting on here, I posting the entry above yours and haven't received any feedback either. I wanted to take the time to welcome you to Tnet and to tell you to scroll up this page about half way, I saw some things that look similar to yours. I hope this helps.
Cindy

it so hard to find what you sad to me tnet..why not tell me what this signs means

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
Google it and you will learn a lot more than what I can tell you but the short version is that the Indians would start w a depression in a rock and use it as a bowl to grind their grains and over time it created deep holes in the rocks that look like the picture that you posted.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google it and you will learn a lot more than what I can tell you but the short version is that the Indians would start w a depression in a rock and use it as a bowl to grind their grains and over time it created deep holes in the rocks that look like the picture that you posted.

But not in the center of a river......even if the big rock was never completely inundated. Those grain grinding rocks were at safer locations and usually in stones that could be moved.

cdsieg

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2011
WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it so hard to find what you sad to me tnet..why not tell me what this signs means
If I knew anything, I would post it, I don't know nothing, that is why I said scroll about half way up this page and you will find things similar to yours. Just like RCarson said, also their is a post by pearl54 about 1/2 way up the post. Your reply to my first post to you seemed rather rude, in the future you might want to thank someone for trying to help and let them know you don't understand. Just a thought.

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
Short you are wrong. Google it and you will see what I am talking about. I'm not talking about the bowls. The rocks seem to be pretty big. Just bc there us a river there doesn't mean that it was always there. We are talking over many many hundreds of years.

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
Here is a small than average one according to the pictures on google and Wikipedia says that they were usually located close to streams.

image-2596202378.jpg

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
Or if it has been in the water for the whole time a stone that settled into a depression and then gets rocked around by waves could create the same effect.

RCarson

Jun 20, 2012
I think they are pretty cool. I wonder if the big ones were like a meeting place of sorts where ppl gathered and told stories and passed on family history. I never knew the existed until I found the one that I have posted and ppl started telling me that's what it looked like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread