1.4 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:

desertson

Greenie
Dec 27, 2016
San Diego North County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro to help alleviate my life long gold fever. No luck
XTera 705 w Big ass coil tuned just for rings in the dry.
Whites Surf PI Dual Field for the wet, and going swimming.
Rods for Sewer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Trooper, I can recognize a lot of folks here just by the pictures they post. After my first mega site which I was lead into by a sun sign that could be seen from about 3 miles away. I would say why would a caravn of folks even bother to carve signs and rocks in the desert. Most would tell you water and, food and shelter from the indians. There was some mining also done. I believe there is different types of trails depending on who used them and what time period. I always try to date a area, and then see what proof I can find. Most trail signs have a confirmation sign for lack of a better word. You can find trail signs in pairs. Now a good book I can recommend in pm only will help you if your serious about becoming a treasure hunter. You have some great advice from good hunters here, dont be afraid to ask questions. Now you will find a lot of dry holes. I also believe things were hidden in plan sight, but in a way rain or land slide could not accidentally unearth them. I have seen wondrous things on the trails, I hope you do too. Good luck trooper.

My treasures are books, now you have got me fretting that I might not have one I would love to be reading and re-reading.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Happy safe New Year's everybody, found a knee high round boulder in Palo Duro Canyon, knee high = 33 1nches ( pace ) looked to the East 90 degrees, it had a face 2 eyes and a mouth indicating a triangle, with 6 feathers across the top of the face above the eyes, indicating 6 cordel's ( 1 cordel = 189.5 feet ) east indicating a settlers square. Now comes the COLD weather

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy safe New Year's everybody, found a knee high round boulder in Palo Duro Canyon, knee high = 33 1nches ( pace ) looked to the East 90 degrees, it had a face 2 eyes and a mouth indicating a triangle, with 6 feathers across the top of the face above the eyes, indicating 6 cordel's ( 1 cordel = 189.5 feet ) east indicating a settlers square. Now comes the COLD weather
Were you able to photo? I like to see if it's like anything I see around here.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Bob it will be spring before I go back down there, I'm 78 and bones don't work in cold weather. If you are really good with google earth look at the little Curio shop / café in the bottom, its west 300 feet and 400 south and faces the East I believe it can be seen from Google Earth, also there's a vault also on the west bluff, generally they used them for storage for spare parts and a place to keep your powder dry. There are a storage area every 25 miles ( 10 leagues ) , at 90 / 180 / 270 / 360 degrees. There's a 30 ft face on the wall with vault, really neat, stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread