symbols that need interpreting

brnt_amrcan

Greenie
Apr 17, 2007
Joplin,MO
Kidd,

In this pic or the second pic that you posted looks like the is a sword in the middle of the pic going towards
the right top corner. the sword looks like it good have a dragon or animal head on the end of it. Just my opinion could be wrong. Good luck and be careful.

amrcan

Attachments

• artifacts_036[2].JPG
    artifacts_036[2].JPG
    3.8 KB · Views: 817

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I've read through all this and the only conclusion I can come up with is: "I have no conclusion!"

Without clearer pictures or an actual recovery I feel it is very improbable that one can describe in any detail what is being viewed. The one known is that there is something there. Beyond that, it's just speculation.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
kiddrock33 said:
hmmmm. this search started in henry wadsworth longfellows back yard on GOLD st. he was not only a writer but a very good friend of albert pike. speculation it is. i speculate its not trash. kiddrockin

kidd...not being sarcastic...just a realistic engineer that deals everyday in hard data. Sorry if that offended you

Maysara

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2008
what does this symbol mean?

Hi,

I wanna ask about a symbol carved on a piece of stone, it's got a big cross stick into three stones which have the shape of a hill, and at the both sides of the stones -and the cross- there are two brids kneeing towards the cross, i don't know the name of the bird or what to call it in english, but it's got long legs and log necks. So, this picture is like this:a cross in the middle, two birds , one on the left and the other on th right, are kneeing against each other.

So, does anyone of you know what that means?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Post a picture...
I am not inclined to answer these kind of questions without one.

But Welcome to T-Net
Hope to see a lot of good things from you,
also hope you find a big one.

Thom

Maysara

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2008
I am not inclined to answer these kind of questions without one.

Thanxx for responding,
but why don't u make an exception for me this time, and believe me i got alot of big things to show u in the future.

So , generally speaking what does such a symbol mean?

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Maysara,

Those cranes may not be cranes..that is one reason pictures are so important. They could be something else. Just post pics of rocks..and not too much of the surrounding area to hide the location.

If they are cranes. my inexperienced self thinks of Japanese or Chinese. There were places in the usa where Japanese were quarantined during WW 2. If this is near one...well one might make speculation. If in the Phillipines..well i have no idea!

Of course from the description it makes me think it shows the subjugation of one religion to another but who knows. Or simply a focus on peace or longetivity.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

A kneeling crane is pretty unusual from my experience with cranes in general.

Desert Moons

Maysara

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2008
Desertmoons
thank you very much for trying to help.
Actually, i didn't want to post any pictures cuz i thought it would be an easy one, but i think i must now. Anyway, the stone is a Roman one and it's in the Middle East, so it's got nothing to do with Japanese stuff.
Here is the pic

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
nice carving. it definitely makes one take notice of it. they dont appear to be kneeling more like bowing. i would search for more carvings .

Maysara

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2008
kiddrock33 said:
nice carving. it definitely makes one take notice of it. they dont appear to be kneeling more like bowing. i would search for more carvings .

Yeah, may be they r not kneeling but bowing, but u know i don't speak english as my native language, so i may be i didn't express myself properly.

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly....if this is something of archaeological intrest, i would be all over rerouting the waterflow and checking it out, That is if its a stream as earlier posted here, and i would make my way to it.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Maysara,

I think the influences in this carving show more of a Judeo-Christian influence.
In other words 9th century to 11th century.
You may find that a Christian Crusader's cache will make a Roman one look very small.

Thom

Maysara

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2008
You may find that a Christian Crusader's cache will make a Roman one look very small.

Thank u very much Mr Old Dog, but I couldn't understand the sentence quoted above, so could anyone rephrase it plz?!

2fishon

Jul 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I believe he was saying that a treasure left by a Christian crusader would probably be much larger than one left by Romans.

Maysara

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2008
Mr 2fashion

Thank u very much for rephrasing this sentence of glad tidings, I really thank all of u and hope Mr Old Dog's guess is true.

If anyone has anything to add about these signs, I'll be glad to hear that.

Maysara

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Welcome Maysara...Sorry I can't help in the interpretation of your carving..Knowing you are new to Tnet, may I suggest that you start a new thread concerning your carving...It's easier for readers follow and only fair to the original poster, that each thread is kept on it's original subject...It also might allow for more comments to be made concerning your questions if they are not mixed in with another topic...Good Luck...and again.. Welcome..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread