Need help with verbal clue to a lost gold mine (some in Spanish)

Y

yurt_boy

Re: Need help with verbal clue to a lost gold mine (some in Spnaish)

Is the Spanish oral too, or written? In either case, can you tell if it's a statement or question?

Translates roughly to "Where the golden rays of the sun and where it is placed" ... or "Where the golden rays of the sun and where there is interference." Neither would be "proper" Spanish, I don't think. "Mete" is an interesting "term," as it's not really a word. Probably is a shortened verb (meter) meaning "is placed" or "is put," but could be meterse, meaning to interfere.
The part in English? No idea. May refer to a nearby canyon with black and yellow walls, but ????

Y

yurt_boy

I couldn't sleep last night, thinking about your clues! Here are a couple more possible theories:

If your canyon runs basically east/west, the "sun rises, sun sets" reference could be regarding the points on the southern canyon rim at which the sun appears and disappears. For this to be the case, the Indian would have had to have walked your source to the same spot on the canyon floor each visit. Anyway, the "two fingers," if separated, could have been a "V" as opposed to a "2", possibly pointing down at the center point between the two "sun points." The bottom of the "V" would then direct the eye to a "black" spot, possibly a cave or natural shadow or even a dark section of rock or dirt. Beneath that (buried?) is the "gold." This fits with the "it is between" part.

Second theory: Maybe the "sun rises, sun sets" reference is in regard to time. The two fingers might then mean "two days," as in walk down this canyon ("in between" the canyon walls) for two days and then look for something "black," under which you'll find gold.

I can't get this out of my head, so I'll let you know if I think of anything else. When you mention your source breaking off pieces of rock, I have to ask; is this supposed to be a cache, placer gold, rich ore, or do you know?

chellyp

Mar 30, 2005
Northwest Oklahoma

I'm awfully new at all this stuff - but - could the Black above and gold below refer to shadows? Such as some outcropping or something in the canyon that would make a large shadow above a "sunny" spot? Or maybe an area that just appears brighter somehow than another? Just a thought!! ;D

C

Cofresipirate

Donde sale el sol=Where the sun is rising/sun position at sunrise.
Donde se mete=Where the sun is hidding/sun position at sunset.

Hope it helps...HH

Ricardo

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

One other thing to remember; sunrise and sunset "IN" the canyon is not sunrise and sunset at the beach! Depending upon how steep the canyon walls are, sunrise could be as late as 10AM, and sunset as early as 3PM!

I don't know the date of this conversation with the Indian, but the two fingers could have meant to watch where the shadow cuts across the opposite canyon wall at 2PM.

Best,

Mike

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

It is in a crack in the canyon wall, the sun will shine into this crack.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would be almost impossible to find markers in a photo like that (on google earth). Also, Indians don't leave markers to gold mines :)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lrb90740 said:
Someone mentioned how mercury and leaching ruins an area. I was hoping to maybe spot a 'dead' area through aerial pix; then plug the coordinated into my GPS and check it out.

If it is Spanish and not Indian, there may well be a leaching pit/pits there (I told you that). If so, then there will be a spot about 15-20 feet in circumference in which nothing grows (the mercury and arsenic will kill anything).

If the Indian's two fingers were apart, I agree with Randy that it may have meant a crack on one side of the canyon.

Best,

Mike

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
wow, never seen a marker like that before! Look at lch1, it looks like the Spanish symbol for "gold"

See it here, to the right of the "A"

goldring_300.gif

S

Smee

This looked sharp to me . . . sorry for the artifacting, my GIF editor sometimes does leave white dots. They kinda looked like Crosses to me . . .

Attachments

• exes.gif
    exes.gif
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,368

dadzilla

Jan 14, 2007
Texas Poast Oak Savannah
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 505
Maybe you need to be at the canyon a sunrise and sun set look for a place where the first rays of light in the morning hit the canyon . Then at sunset do the same thing look for the last rays of light . This may be what the two fingers mean you have to look (2 times sunrise and sunset) and you will find it . Perhaps this will draw your attention to the answer for the black above the yellow below clue.

Another Idea may be there is a fissure or gully running into the cannon that at sunrise or sunset that light might shine through causing there the be yellow below while still dark above.

S

Smee

This was in the picture YOU posted, overview1.jpg. I just used a process we use to pull pictures from surveillance cameras to help catch convenience store robbers.

After I saw the crosses, I cropped that area of the photo. I then blew it up triple, blew it up triple again, applied a gausian blur (and a couple other tricks), and shrunk it back to twice the original size. The result is the pic you see. It removes a lot of the aspecting present in surveillance photos, and sometimes helps with things like this.

If you pic were truly North at the top, you would come down at about a 170 degrees from marker #4 until you cross the creek and they appear to be on either side of a hill. Almost like it was between the two crosses, or windlasses. Look here: http://www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com/treasure_symbols.html and about mid way down the page in the center you will see what I am talking about.

I would love to have a better picture of the area where the crosses are located. If you can get more detailed pic, let me know.

S

Smee

Irb90740 said:
If you could crop the before shot and then set it next to yours, I may see where you're coming from. It would help A LOT.
I am intrigued by your statements about the crosses; but, unfortunately, I do not see them in the picture. Could you throw the 'after pic' on photoshop and trace over the symbol(s) you see.

Here they are, side by side.

Attachments

• xingular.jpg
    xingular.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,334
S

Smee

If you would, please get me a more detailed picture --- because I thought I saw something which from the ground could look like 2 fingers . . . If my eyes aren't playing tricks :o. It is near the crosses, and standing there you would likely be able to see one of the crosses. However, that would depend on the lay of the land and a real good 3D view would help a lot.

Also, the long end of the crosses (the leg which is longer than the others) are supposed to be like pointers --- if I understand what I have read in these forums correctly.

S

Smee

"Donde sale el sol y donde se mete"

"there it is between, black above and yellow beneath and heavy, and not far away."

Is there an outcropping which you would be able to see the sun rise beneath it (Black above and yellow beneath) as well as set beneath it? Or perhaps 2 outcroppings where you can see sunrise under one and other see sunset under the other? If so, you would be standing near the opening of the mine.

Another thought, the 2 fingers could have just meant he would see 2 of something and that he should be looking for something in pairs.

Anyways, here is another picture of the crosses from your picture. I noticed something very interesting. Each end of the crosses has an indentation and a stone placed in the middle of it. There is also another picture of the crosses where they are more visible. Let me know what you think . . .

Attachments

• xmarks_markedup.jpg
    xmarks_markedup.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,264
  • smile2_edit.jpg
    smile2_edit.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,246

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lrb,

I see some mistakes that are being more and more commonly made by many people. If you can see a symbol on Google Earth, don't think for a second that it was made by the Spanish. Since there were no airplanes or satellites in those days, they would not have made any monuments or markers that should be read from the air.

The only things you should be able to find via Google Earth, would be arrastras (only with 1 meter resolution pics), building foundations, tailings piles, old trails (sometimes), and springs (where you should look closer for man made structures).

Best,

Mike

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
First I see a problem with useing Google Earth, your looking at what the land looks like now, when you should be looking at what the land looked like 200 years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread