Campfire Turtle

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
? Didn't realize this was in the shape of a turtle until I drew the outline. This circle is as close to being perfect as one can make it. I don't think white man made it. We'd just throw stone toghether until we had enough for a fire. Alos, we wouldn't have left the other bigger stones on the side like this one has. I don't know maybe white man would have??
this is very close to the other turtle in my last post. The circle is about the size of a large wagon wheel. Here's two pictures of it one is inverted so you can see the markings better on some rocks. The other if you look close I think there is a heart shape in the top center of circle.
The arrow is pointing to a small white turtl on rock, the other one I think it is any way, is the bigger one to left ( maybe a two headed turtle DUH)

Jacko

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 769
  • IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 770
B

bustit

Yup ! looks like a turtle to me. Its to bad it was used as a camp fire. How close is it to the other one? or is it in entirley different place? The trouble I see is that since it has been used as a fire ring, there is a very good chance that the rocks that will lead you to more clues or treasure have been moved. It looks beat up. I wouldent put to much time in this one, maybe metal detect around the area. Neat pic though.

OP
OP
JACKOJohn Stanwix

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Bustit --- I was tinking about removing the ashes slowly. It hasn't been used that much, since it's a ways off the road. It's within 30 yrds probably of the other turtle. I'll hae to take a good loo at it, as the spot just to the right might be a horseshoe of rocks. Can't really tell in the picture. Since the stones are only one layer thick and the ashe don't go above it, shouldn't be too deep.

Jacko

B

bustit

Is there any place where you could get up in a tree or a birds eye view. Some times thats helps. Is the nearest path a old pack trail or was it created for hickers? If it is a old pack trail that was used in transporting ore form mines then there is a good chance the transporters took some for themselvs and hid it not to far off the path plannign to come back taler for it. If thats true then it would most likley be right around that area since they wouldent have time to make a elaborate clue list leading to the treasure, they would proably make a site real quick and stash there treasure. This would justify why the turtle is only 1 layer of rocks and not a detalied monument like other ones? Just a thought.

dirty detector

Jul 15, 2005
rhode island
hey guys. im new here but i wanted to compliment you both. JACO i think your finds are fascinating and bustit your input really brings light to these pics! ive never seen anything like this in my life but its time to be a little more observant and who knows! bernie.

OP
OP
JACKOJohn Stanwix

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
? Bernie --- What state do you , live in ? From what I understand the Spanish were i most states. If your out in the woods start looking for rocks or objsects out of place. Have you looked at the? Post Treasure Traps by SGTFDA ?? Under Treasure Leads-- Check out the pictures there !

? ? ? ? Jacko

dirty detector

Jul 15, 2005
rhode island
JACO. how much is to obvious? while searching the woods once i came upon a rock wedged between the y of a tree. and theres a campfire nearby. you can tell theyve been there awhile. i can get pics if needbee. im located in rhode island. thanks again. bernie.

dirty detector

Jul 15, 2005
rhode island
and just to add in i know these rocks were brought there as we have no bigger ones in the area. its funny. if you go 2 miles away theres rocks all over the place but around here you have to really look for them. i will go out and get pics sunday if it doesnt rain. bernie.

OP
OP
JACKOJohn Stanwix

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Bernie--- Someone from this forum lives in New york or Penn. and they posted pictures of a rock wall with Spanish markings on it. Take pictures of the tree alos, and hope there's enough sunshine to give good shadows if there are any markings. On the tree look for carvings. I have noticed when I am looking at a rock wall or anything, I can't really see much until I look threw the eye piece then the shapes come out. I have tried closing one ey and it doesn't work as good.
I won't be going out tomorrow as planned, I messed my back up and have paon in bottom and legs, so I'll be resting for a couple of days.

Jacko

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread