desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Thanks DM for starting this thread.

We know that few of the Spanish were as educated as the Society of Jesus, SJ or Jesuits.
They came to New Spain with the Conquistadors to bring the faith and Keep the Faithful in line.

Their methods are questionable at best.
Early on in their quest to accompany many of the exploring groups they posted signs of their passing in a Grand style with large symbols of their passing but as they became embedded deeper into this new country their signs and symbols became smaller and more concealed.

Whether you believe it or not the signs are there.
You can scream to the rooftops that it isn't true because there are few writings to back this fact up.
But they are out there.
Physical facts speak louder than the books in many cases and this is one of the cases.

Thom

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
Although I applaud the efforts to segregate certain discussions into certain channels, I have never believed that segregation was a viable compromise and it is in fact determental to the learning process. Therefore, I will post no more on the subject of signs, markings, indicators, icons or symbology in general.

My intent was noble in nature in that what I was attempting to do was to enlighten everyone what may be real and what may not be real. Once this is understood, then one may disregard all false symbols and be more able concentrate on the true ones.

This, however was not percieved by several members of this group, therefore I shall leave all to happily chase rainbows looking for that ever elusive pot o' gold into infinity. After all, what's the harm in looking for something that does not exist? Please note that I represent no hidden interests nor any group group or individual(s). The only gain which I sought was to perhaps enlighten others. This was plainly misconstrued by many therefore it serves no further interest to continue pursuing this topic.

Also, please note that I consider myself to be intellectually free within the bounds of my beliefs, therefore I will not be directed to a particular corner of a room or be corraled into a particular group. The thoughts which I have posted are my own and free from prejuidice or popular belief. I base my assumptions wholly on research in the form of reputable documentation and I typically disregard individual opionions or assumptions.

Once more, as a disclaimer, I am not a Jesuit, nor am I associated with the Jesuits in any size, shape or form. I honestly doubt that a Jesuit educator would devote the time and effort to posting on a forum such as this one, however if one did happen to start posting here, I would greet him with open arms, if no other reason then for the virtual treasure trove of information of which he has access to.

In closing I wish to add that I wsh all happiness and success in your individual pursuits and may each and every one find the treasures which they seek.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Awesome links Bob,(sorry)

I have enjoyed all three.
the first ...especially.
a lot there and a lot more on hand if wanted.

Thanks
Thom

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
lamar said:
Dear group;
Although I applaud the efforts to segregate certain discussions into certain channels, I have never believed that segregation was a viable compromise and it is in fact determental to the learning process. Therefore, I will post no more on the subject of signs, markings, indicators, icons or symbology in general.

My intent was noble in nature in that what I was attempting to do was to enlighten everyone what may be real and what may not be real. Once this is understood, then one may disregard all false symbols and be more able concentrate on the true ones.

This, however was not percieved by several members of this group, therefore I shall leave all to happily chase rainbows looking for that ever elusive pot o' gold into infinity. After all, what's the harm in looking for something that does not exist? Please note that I represent no hidden interests nor any group group or individual(s). The only gain which I sought was to perhaps enlighten others. This was plainly misconstrued by many therefore it serves no further interest to continue pursuing this topic.

Also, please note that I consider myself to be intellectually free within the bounds of my beliefs, therefore I will not be directed to a particular corner of a room or be corraled into a particular group. The thoughts which I have posted are my own and free from prejuidice or popular belief. I base my assumptions wholly on research in the form of reputable documentation and I typically disregard individual opionions or assumptions.

Once more, as a disclaimer, I am not a Jesuit, nor am I associated with the Jesuits in any size, shape or form. I honestly doubt that a Jesuit educator would devote the time and effort to posting on a forum such as this one, however if one did happen to start posting here, I would greet him with open arms, if no other reason then for the virtual treasure trove of information of which he has access to.

In closing I wish to add that I wsh all happiness and success in your individual pursuits and may each and every one find the treasures which they seek.
Your friend;
LAMAR

That's all very nice and quite well put together. However I respectfully ask you to stop being so high and mighty, quite the poor me poor me attitude and post about the subject at hand. The thread was about Spanish signs/symbols people have found; not your own personal forum to derail the topic at hand. If you have anything on topic to add, then post away my friend.

You are not being corralled or segregated..... please come on. It's called organization. If you go to the home page of this site you will see that it is broken up and divided into over 100 different sections. Some of those sections even have several subsections within them. Can you imagine if the home page had 1 section called Treasure Stuff and everybody here was free to post what they wanted, how they wanted in a complete haphazardly fashion?? Utter chaos that no one would be able to decipher. Nor would they want to. So using your thought process I suppose we're all being segregated and corralled into a little corner of the room. Yet it works for the other 27,438 members here, but I'm feeling that's not good enough for you.

I call for a ban on TNet!! I refuse to sit at the back of the bus nor will I drink from my own water fountain. Sheesh come on dude. Someone even took the time to be nice and coddle you by creating this thread for your use. You and some other TNet members had a lively debate going on about things Jesuit.... so here's your chance. You obviously wanted your voice heard yet when you are handed your own little soap box you refuse based on some misaligned principles. Strange indeed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread