Explain this? Any ideas?

K

Kentucky Kache

I guess the site was not as undisturbed as they thought. Good story.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hounddog said:
Time Travel :icon_jokercolor:

You Beat me to it.

Exactly.

somone traveled back to When the Tomb was sealed
& Left Proof

K

Kentucky Kache

I would have claimed ancient technology, but an item like that would probably deteriorate pretty fast.

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Best guess is that the "undisturbed" site was previously discovered and visited in the early 1900's during the british occupation of China. That gleamed from these apparent facts.
1. It's a woman's watch of european origin.
2. It is partially deteriorated to the point to suggest it has been there for several decades.
3. In the 1920's-1930's there was a great interest in archaeology in Britain which led to many "weekend archaeologists" to take it upon themselves to explore such sites as a leisurely pursuit. In the case of Egypt, this meant the pillaging of various artifacts as souvenirs.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen_idaho said:
Best guess is that the "undisturbed" site was previously discovered and visited in the early 1900's during the british occupation of China. That gleamed from these apparent facts.
1. It's a woman's watch of european origin.
2. It is partially deteriorated to the point to suggest it has been there for several decades.
3. In the 1920's-1930's there was a great interest in archaeology in Britain which led to many "weekend archaeologists" to take it upon themselves to explore such sites as a leisurely pursuit. In the case of Egypt, this meant the pillaging of various artifacts as souvenirs.

Shhhh ! :wink: My idea sounds more Fun :P

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-HERITAG...ryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

could be worth $1.89

:thumbsup: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread