POCKET CHANGE PAYS OFF

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Nice find! Checking your change definitely paid off for you.
Good luck,
BRD

F

fahrenheit

Nice Job! it is good to pay attention to your money.

I walk by a CoinStar coin exchanging machine the other day after I check out my grocery. I spotted a silver 10cent in the change return dispense slot. Neat, I thought to myself. :D

since then. I kept my eyes on copy machines and kids rides change return slot that you find at the grocery stores.

f

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
i saw an older couple redeeming many jars of coins into one of those coinstar machines, and i started to wonder how many old and valuable coins have been fed into those coinstar machines

PJB (Ohio)

Jan 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I once took a collection of clad to a coinstar machine and started feeding them all in. Around $40 or so, the machine jammed, so I called to manager over to help out. He unlocked the machine and inside there's a feedermechanism that ws gummed up with all kinds of strange coins. He grabbed them all up and put them in my hand and said, "here. It only takes American coins."

A German "pennig"
5c. euro
a 1946 wheatie
a very strange penny, which I think is Canadian, but has a strange reverse, which looks like a metal gate with chains hanging from the sides and a crown on top
86 cents in Canadian coins (two of which appear to have two dates each on them)
A penny with a hole in it
A penny with a punch out of it in the shape of a cross

Needless to say, it was very interesting, maybe I should ask him to open it more often?

Attachments

• coinstar.jpg
    coinstar.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,081
S

scottsabs

the coin with the gate and the chains is a british penny ;)

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing what you can find, once in a while a silver nickel even pops its head up!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions