GIANTS, SPRING VALLEY, EUREKA NEVADA

Badger Bart

Mar 24, 2005
In July, 1877, four prospectors were looking for gold and silver outcroppings in a desolate, hilly area near the head of Spring Valley, not far from Eureka, Nevada. Scanning the rocks, one of the men spotted something peculiar projecting from a high ledge. Climbing up to get a better look, the prospector was surprised to find a human legbone and knee cap sticking out of solid rock. He called to his companions, and together they dislodged the oddity with picks. Realizing they had a most unusual find, the men brought it into Eureka, where it was placed on display.

The stone in which the bones were embedded was a hard, dark red quartzite, and the bones themselves were almost black with carbonization - indicative of great age. When the surrounding stone was carefully chipped away, the specimen was found to be composed of a leg bone broken off four inches above the knee, the knee cap and joint, the lower leg bones, and the complete bones of the foot. Several medical doctors examined the remains, and were convinced that anatomically they had indeed once belonged to a human being, and a very modern-looking one. But an intriguing aspect of the bones was their size: from knee to heel they measured 39 inches. Their owner in life had thus stood over 12 feet tall. Compounding the mystery further was the fact that the rock in which the bones were found was dated geologically to the era of the dinosaurs, the Jurassic - over 185 million years old. The local papers ran several stories on the marvelous find, and two museums sent investigators to see if any more of the skeleton could be located. Unfortunately, nothing else but the leg and foot existed in the rock.
Dating of such finds entails circular reasoning, and as such is not scientific.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Badger Bart said:
In July, 1877, four prospectors were looking for gold and silver outcroppings in a desolate, hilly area near the head of Spring Valley, not far from Eureka,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HOLA: They existed in Sonra and Chihuahua also. The last one was killed by the father of an Indian freed of mine about the turn of the 1900's.
When I asked him why, he merely shrugged his shouders. He said that they were slow moving and not too intelligent?

They have a no. of buriel caves near Alamos, they are in a small mountain called "Cerro de La Campana" . According to the remains, they were 9 - 12 ft tall and had reddish hair.

Jose de La Mancha ( I tilt windmills)

( I exist to live, not live to exist"

chellyp

Mar 30, 2005
Northwest Oklahoma
Badger Bart - I have spent the day reading back through a lot of the threads on this site. You find some of the coolest stuff!! How is that you always find these neat stories?

OP
OP
B

Badger Bart

Mar 24, 2005
It's really quite simple, I look for them. I read a lot, sometimes up to 100 hrs. per week. I work with a group of scientists who seek pre- Columbian artifacts to test. Horse and human bones, giants and other anomalous artifacts, especially carbon based artifacts. We have access to a major university's state of the art lab equipment in order to conduct the tests. We have exposed one long running artifact scam and are always interested acquiring more artfacts to test.

I would be very interested in acquiring one or more of these bones you speak of, all of them if possible. These things are treasure to us.

T

toiyabe tracy

I live about 70 miles from eureka, nv..where did you read your info?? Have you heard the story of the red haired giants near lovelock.? According to treasurecenter.com/trasure_diary.htm? in Stan's treasure diary the local indians told of a cave with red haired giants.? The indians said they cornered them in a cave and killed them.? In 1911 some miners excavated the cave and retrieved bones etc.? The museum in winnemucca has some bones.? Stan includes pictures!? I love my Nevada desert all it's treasures of every kind.

OP
OP
B

Badger Bart

Mar 24, 2005
The red- haired giants of Lovelock are very much like a dozen other such reports around the U.S. Today most of my reading is done on the net.

The problem with most artifacts in museums is that the museum people won't release them for study, we've tried. Fear for their job and other fears are the stated reasons. A certain archaeologist out west discarded horse bones from a dig, and stated such was his practice because he would not be believed by 'peers' because he happened to be a Mormon. Beyond the disbelief, he feared being ostracized, as is often the case, and sometimes worse things happen for those who 'step out of line'. Such is the state of academic credibility.

Does this museum in Winnemucca have a name?

T

toiyabe tracy

well, Bart it's the Humbolt Museum and I called them 775-623-2912 they have the bones, but I think the lady was holding back her laughter as she stated "they have not been historically verified".
She said they have mammoth bones on display from around winnemucca.
Have you heard of our cave bear in the white pine county museum? My aunt's brother in-law was one of the spelunkers who found them. Thats a shame that state guy feels compelled to do that. I wouldn't care what anyone thought in a situation like that. The evidence should speak for itself!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MartinLandau, politics is only allowed in our politics forum, please do not post political comments anywhere else.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread