The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you should do is contact your local Metaldetector Store and see if you can rent one!!! Most place do that and you should be able to find your Metor.....Seeker

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Hey Don Lupe, if you are refering to the two craters east of Douglas, neither has anything to do with a meteor. You would be wasting time and money trying to find a meteor at either one of them... although on a couple of maps that I have seen one is NAMED Meteor Crater. That was because of it's shape. Both are calderons from back in the volcanic age. You would have as much luck finding a paramore inside Paramore Crater.

OP
OP
D

don Lupe

Yes there are craters in vulcan field east of Douglas but not the one I reported. I'm 'the meteoite man, know my stuff, I appraise meteorites in the market..last two, $25,00 19lb iron in Douglas, 21lb in Wilcox shop across from city-hall, my quote was $30,000, owner has been offered $40,000 so I wasn't far off...been in the field now over a year, constantly camping. I use a 'white's Detector, nothing fancy..some nice irons in Sierra Vista, but lady spent a year searching and I will not disturb her working/ search area..It's hard work, not many succeed..Had 4 meteorites year before, preety skiny finds this year.. oh well..

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Best of luck then! I personally haven't tried to look for a meteor, and wouldn't know one if it hit me in the head. I might be able to help you find some if you'd tell me what you look for. Most don't leave craters. Right? Only thing I know is what a vulcan crater looks like! If you feel comfortable telling me, I'd like to see what your meteor crater looks like. If you don't feel comfortable, that fine too.

Anyway, best of luck!

:D :D :D

OP
OP
D

don Lupe

don Lupe here..My post was only to check to see if there was anyone in this area with a deep/probe (Military?) detector..this impact-crater is in mountains and less than 100ft diametor..I've searched it for side debrie, nothing.. The top of the site is dangerous and prone to cavein if dug..also legality is problem. it's a quite search..As for San Simone Valley vulcanic field,,lots of beauty.. Antalope, hot spings.open space, but all state-trust land contoled by organized Cattle Ranchers, ( Ownies.) and Metal-detectors are prohibited on All State land in AZ..no one can get to Paramore Crater now with Locked Gates.. I've been in Paramore Crater a few years ago, before the Border Wars...Meteorites?? Learn from R. Haags Catalog, a good buy..That's how I started..To other posters' please..down here we use a bathroom scale to weigh our stuff.. Our house are measured by how many rooms it has.. We are not bound by Payo standards, our way suites us fine. State trust lands need revision, meteorites are not being reported in this area because of poor regulation..it hurts our science effort to advance...basta

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~~

don Lupe here.
~~~~~
? Hola Don Lupe? never looked for meteorites, sounds interesting.? Have you ever considered the area north of San Felipe??
It is a huge flat desert area , similar to a dry lake bed with no-one.? There must be many impact? spots if one knows what they might look like. As far as I know it is free hunting, no restrictions.

Till Euldespeigle - Jose de La Mancha

p.s. posted picture is in the western? foot hills but you can see what the vegetation consists of, none, easy searching..

Attachments

• solo backpacking trip into the Sierra de La Gigante.jpg
    solo backpacking trip into the Sierra de La Gigante.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 712
  • .jpgMAP WITH PICTURE SITE, SANTA ISABELA, ALAMOS, AND TAYOPA LOCATED..jpg
    .jpgMAP WITH PICTURE SITE, SANTA ISABELA, ALAMOS, AND TAYOPA LOCATED..jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 599
  • solo backpacking trip into the Sierra de La Gigante.jpg
    solo backpacking trip into the Sierra de La Gigante.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 673
  • .jpgMAP WITH PICTURE SITE, SANTA ISABELA, ALAMOS, AND TAYOPA LOCATED..jpg
    .jpgMAP WITH PICTURE SITE, SANTA ISABELA, ALAMOS, AND TAYOPA LOCATED..jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 585
OP
OP
D

don Lupe

Renalde, hola; Yes thats a serious desert area.. I've been up and down Baja as far as Bahia Tortuga..crossed that rte #1 Baja to Sonora, but no more.. yes thats a good place to search Areolitos but Metal detectors ect,, national treasure laws, dangerous country now..Gracias a te aviso.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Renalde, hola; Yes thats a serious desert area.. I've been up and down Baja as far as Bahia Tortuga..crossed that rte #1 Baja to Sonora, but no more.. yes thats a good place to search Areolitos but Metal detectors ect,, national treasure laws, dangerous country now..Gracias a te aviso.
~~
A) ` HI LUPE: Out of curiosity, you mention Metal Detector act? etc.? Do you know somethig that I should know?

National treasure laws apply to precolumbian or specific historical events , no? Last that I heard fed land is open for detecting.

Dangerous?? narcos aren't interested in someone detecting meteorites, also that is one arid zone, nothing grows there

Till Eulenspeigle - Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread