timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I'd sure like to find one of those.

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Would be nice to dig one of those. ;D

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told my wife that I hunt places where it is possible to find something like this. ::)

She said, "keep hunting!" ;D :laughing9: :laughing9:

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one of them at a tot lot, right under the monkey bars, :tongue3:

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
prolab69 said:
I found one of them at a tot lot, right under the monkey bars, :tongue3:

I actually know a guy who found a five dollar gold piece under the swings in a school yard sand box. So it can happen! Kid breaks into dads coin collection, kid looses coin, and it ends up being found by a detectorist :icon_pirat:

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
If the one you found in the tot lot had bubble gum on one side and a heresies chocolate thumb print on the other it was mine I lost it going down the slide.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I have found some great and valuable, RARE, relics and coins, my ultimate goal is to find a flowing hair silver. Greg, (1235CE), came close with a Draped Bust Silver. My wish list also includes, a Higley Copper, Massachusetts Silver and (or), New England Coinage, and a gold coin. We, in the northeast, are lucky enough to live in the oldest part of the United States, which makes these finds attainable. A 1776 Colonial Currency Dollar would be nice too! These dreams are what makes us all keep going. HH Hogge :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hogge said:
Although I have found some great and valuable, RARE, relics and coins, my ultimate goal is to find a flowing hair silver. Greg, (1235CE), came close with a Draped Bust Silver. My wish list also includes, a Higley Copper, Massachusetts Silver and (or), New England Coinage, and a gold coin. We, in the northeast, are lucky enough to live in the oldest part of the United States, which makes these finds attainable. A 1776 Colonial Currency Dollar would be nice too! These dreams are what makes us all keep going. HH Hogge :icon_thumleft:
Ditto on that iam right in the heart of Colonial America one day ill find that Pine Tree silver shilling or a Dutch silver 1500,s Good luck :thumbsup: Dd60

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hogge said:
We, in the northeast, are lucky enough to live in the oldest part of the United States, which makes these finds attainable.

Us in eastern Virginia might disagree with that statement ;D

....btw I am originally from Quincy, MA

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Actually, I think Delaware holds the title of 1st state. Now as for European settlement. Florida, Roanoke, Jamestown. Unless you count Norse fishermen along the north coast in 1000CE.

If we must split hairs, then split them finely.

PS- All of this info is barely remembered from 10 years ago so any or all of could be incorrect. Too lazy to check it out.

-FH

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joeyfresh said:
hogge said:
We, in the northeast, are lucky enough to live in the oldest part of the United States, which makes these finds attainable.

Us in eastern Virginia might disagree with that statement ;D

....btw I am originally from Quincy, MA
OK ...THERE....HOTSHOT! Geez.......Let me include ALL of the eastern seaboard. Does this satisfy ya?? GOOD LUCK :tongue3:

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fathead said:
Actually, I think Delaware holds the title of 1st state. Now as for European settlement. Florida, Roanoke, Jamestown. Unless you count Norse fishermen along the north coast in 1000CE.

PS- All of this info is barely remembered from 10 years ago so any or all of could be incorrect. Too lazy to check it out.

-FH

It would be splitting hairs if Jamestown was settled a week before the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock but that's not the case.

Yes, Florida is by far the oldest European settled state in the U.S. Roanoke Island was a failed English settlement. Jamestown was the first successful English settlement, 13 years before the Pilgrims in Massachusetts. Delaware was the first state admitted the union.

I grew up in Massachusetts thinking that the Pilgrims were the first to settle in America then I moved to Virginia and learned the truth. Don't get me wrong, I love New England history and salivate at the chance to take up my new hobby there next time I visit my family.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are lucky to live on the east coast and I am a life long colonial history buff. I envy your finds and hope to find my first colonial coin soon :icon_thumright:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joeyfresh said:
fathead said:

-FH

It would be splitting hairs if Jamestown was settled a week before the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock but that's not the case.

Yes, Florida is by far the oldest European settled state in the U.S. Roanoke Island was a failed English settlement. Jamestown was the first successful English settlement, 13 years before the Pilgrims in Massachusetts. Delaware was the first state admitted the union.

I grew up in Massachusetts thinking that the Pilgrims were the first to settle in America then I moved to Virginia and learned the truth. Don't get me wrong, I love New England history and salivate at the chance to take up my new hobby there next time I visit my family.
And don't forget Albany N.Y. in 1609 by the Dutch......My point was.....The coins I mentioned circulated MORE freely throughout the NORTHERN colonies. You may find older coins...cobbs, spanish silver, even some ancient, but EXTREMELY, highly doubtful a Higley copper or NE token. It's not to say you won't, as I did find a 1616 Sommers Island, Large Porthole 6 Pence in Western Ma. 1 of only 4 found on the Continental US. The other 3 were found on a beach in Maine. HH Hogge

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread