Viking silver treasure found.

nybuford

Jan 16, 2006
Great story. Nice find! One questions... does the gentleman that found the treasure get any sort of reward for his honesty?
Buford

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
That is a good question. How many of us are amateur archaeologists and how many of us are just plain grave robbers. Most of the archeology books that I read dislike amateurs playing in their playground. Good luck and good hunting.

holeintoe

Jan 4, 2006
Under the terms of legislation regarding Treasure, the High Bailiff's decision means that the hoard is offered to Manx National Heritage.

The organisation will now establish the collection's value and its finder will receive a reward

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Great story, do you know if there are pics of this find anywhere? Sorry snake35 I have yet met any grave robbers on this great site. Please let me know if you are the first one I have met. Thanks again

L

Lcplthogersen

The question is if You were out there MDing and beep beep beep. You start digging and uh oh it is a grave filled with relics and gold schillings you wouldn't be tempted. Hah I wouldn't hesitate ofcourse I would research and give portions of booty to the proper people(not gov) oh yeah Sorry I am glad to have joined this site/forum I am a new member. Pleasure to meet you all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread