$30,000 cash found inside wall in New Orleans.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool story.Something smells a little fishy though.Maybe just, not enough details in the story.I'd be anxious to know how old the bills were.She says they were probably put there by her father who grew up during the depression and disliked banks.But it doesn't elaborate any further than that,as to when dad died.Hmm? :-\ Why all 100 dollar bills? $30,000 isn't chump change.Interesting story.Hold on-a light bulb just went off over my head!You know after thinking about this for a while I seem to remember hearing something about this on the tv a week or so ago.I was busy messing with my rock tumbler so I wasn't paying too much attention.It seems I remember hearing that they were older bills and she exchanged them for face value.Does anyone have any knowledge of this?Maybe I was dreaming about a large paper cache of my own.....but I wouldn't exchange old for new!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No,the story i'm thinking about happened in one of the New England states somewhere a couple of weeks ago I believe.Anybody hear of this?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread