DeSoto Treasure? Red Bone Cave Treasure?

K

Kentucky Kache

What gets me about this story is that if someone does try to dig illegally, the man and his machine will be blamed, instead of the media member who blabbed the story. Very interesting article.

S

stefen

A 'Harmonic Molecular Resonance Transducer' only functions if the crystal is innerconnected to a barbed wire fence on a hot cloudless day. :coffee2:

All joking aside, these are disc shaped, about 3" in diameter with a 1" diameter hole in the center. The disc is about 3/8" thick and is coated with silver on both sides. They are advertised in the back of many electronics magazines for about $5 each.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thats just another name for a molecular frequency detector or MFD. They sell for around $2,000 ay Kellyco.

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5 mile range on that detector?
My BS detector is going off at a range of 1800 miles!

tmoore

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2005
Fulton, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
'Harmonic Molecular Resonance Transducer'

Isn't that the thing they used in the Rocky Horror Picture Show?

S

stefen

mr_larry said:
5 mile range on that detector?
My BS detector is going off at a range of 1800 miles!

Need to adjust the sensitivity module...or stuff it with Charmin :laughing7:

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
This story was published in the book Buried Treasures Of The Appalachians by W.C. Jameson. I researched this legend too, and he is indeed in the right area as the book's story describes, but I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that it is buried underneath a city park. I mean, when was the last time anyone has ever hear of a city or town being built over a cave that wasn't explored before being destroyed or covered up? I also have come to the conclusion that Desoto having men mine and haul ore all over the place is highly exaggerated. He was too busy fighting off native raids, disease, food shortages, desertion, surveying, map making, amongst the countless of other objectives and problems of being a military commander. I concluded after the first couple of weeks of study and common sense, that this story just does not hold water at all, and it sinks faster then Desoto's body did in the Mississippi River.

webmaster-wcjameson

Sep 7, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Eric

I asked W.C. about this statement, and I have posted his reply below. I am his webmaster and publisher and acting on his behalf.
Thanks Deborah

"I appreciate that the commenter took time to research this legend, as he claimed, but he apparently did not go far enough. There is no mention in my treatment of the legend that it was "buried underneath a city park." Is the commenter confusing one tale with another?

Furthermore, his comment about towns being built over caves is another indication of his scanty research efforts. Portions of dozens of towns have slipped into collapsed caverns as well as mines over the decades, most recently in Florida.

The commenter's observations on DeSoto's men transporting ore are likewise faulty.
A simple perusal of the log of the expedition will verify that. ~ W.C. Jameson

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread