Amelia Erharts Bones Found

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
There was a documentary, recently, of this exact expedition.

No conclusions have been made yet.

It would be something if it was the remains of A. Earhart. Hope they do the DNA testing soon.

The last time the expedition on was on the island, a grave was discovered on the island. They dug it up and it was the remains of an infant. So sad.

They also wondered what would have happened to the bodies after they died. A pig cadaver was placed on the ground and was immediately attacked by crabs. The crabs even drug parts of the pig away into it's borough.

Quite a few articles were discovered during their investigation of the area. It was a very interesting show.

Ray S ECenFL

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
It would solve a great mystery.Just my opinion is that she returned to the US with MacArthur(the main reason he went into tokyo) and lived out her life in the northeast under a different name.This opinion is based on a fact filled book I read many years ago.Can't remember what it was now.It was filled with photocopies of documents,etc.Many people believed she helped the japanese with propaganda and that is why the secrecy.Her copilot's lighter turned up at a dinner party years later.

SoDelft

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2008
I think this is pretty questionable evidence of Amelia Earheart's whereabouts. The DNA could tell for sure. These stories always surface before a Discovery or History channel special. Someone is always making a living on speculation. In this case ,of course they wrote a book and have finally truly solved the mystery again. There is a lot of ocean and very little land out there. Very rarely do we ever conclusively find the truth. So many stories , so little facts. I love watching these documentaries but each time something, usually time or a coming storm puts the proof on hold or the expedition runs out of money or the season changes, always something. I think it is at the bottom of the ocean just like the Titanic only much smaller. Look how long it took to find theTitanic and they had a lot of contemorary reports where and how it sunk.But we don't know any thing for sure about what happened to Amelia. I think a very small plane in a very big ocean will only be found by accident or an expeditions with very deep pockets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread