Who Owns What You Find?

luxefaire

Dec 21, 2005
Jolly Corner FL
Detector(s) used
Any
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wikileaks and The Treasure Of The Black Swan. News for all treasure hunters. Who owns what you find? This is the best case yet for keeping your mouth shut about what you find. You will not be rewarded for superior intellect and hard work. As the corporate looters of our collective product and the lord loving losers who are too dumb to understand lords and kings are unAmerican take over the world with paper money and TV, there will always someone hard after your earnings. Spell Those Losers G-O-V-E-R-N-M-E-N-T. Think about what has happened with the treasure laws in Europe and elsewhere. ARPA is returning in new clothes. Keep metal detecting, but buy guns too.

http://www.underwatertimes.com/news.php?article_id=10071364825

Bill Gallagher
luxefaire.com

mcraeb87

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2007
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I Corinthianians 2:14

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting article, I was also reading another source of info about this case. I know that the US government ruled in favor of Spain at some point.

So, the Spanish government thinks that it's what, protecting treasures from treasure hunters for the sake of public good? Does it ever intend on salvaging sunken ships? I haven't heard of any "mad rush" by their or any other government for that matter, to recover such ships and their treasure. So how does a sunken treasure ship benefit anyone by staying at the bottom of the ocean? There's absolutely no public interest in it, as long as the ships are down there, any cultural significance(and I use that term lightly)that they have, equals zero.....because they're hidden out of reach.

They're only cultural heritage on paper, in reality they've been abandoned for hundreds of years. The Spanish government is full of hypocrites. Whoever puts in the time and effort, and money into recovering treasure, should get to keep it, not some freeloaders.

Speaking in general terms, if governments really cared about preserving "public heritage", they could allow the treasure hunters to go about their business, and then buy the treasure from them at market price. That way the government wouldn't have to put resources towards spending years on a search that might not yield any results, also, if anything was found, the treasure hunters would be fairly compensated and the heritage of the items found would be preserved.

Oh, and speaking of freeloaders, I like how even the government in Peru is keeping an eye on this matter with the Black Swan treasure search. They'd like to get their hands on the treasure, but have they helped with the search? I doubt it. I understand that their people were looted by the Spanish for a long time, but come on, if they want to recover gold stolen by the Spanish, why don't they just sue the Spanish government lol. Of course they won't do that, they prefer to take the gold from powerless individuals who worked hard to recover it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread