jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this guy found a class ring at the bottom of that hole........

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Was this his first detector, first signal ever? Probably!

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Please, PLEASE, don't let this guy be a TreasureNet member. Surely he would have asked us for our opinion first?
x

S

stefen

There was a rather extensive article in the Inland valley News that went into greater depth with this mining venture.

Apparently, the were two illegal Mexican laborers, one on top unloading buckets and another on the bottom shoveling and filling the buckets.

As there was no air at the 60' level, and the laborer was breathing thru a garden hose ::)

The soil in that area is alluvial sand and is subject to caving when the moisture content is minimalized.

A miss-step could easily have caused a cave-in burying this miner-of-sorts.

Not only do we have an owner who as I said "was not the brightest bulb on the tree", but we also have two illegal nationals that are equally as dim ::)...(dimwitted).

On the brighter side, all of these sands do contain a marginal amount of gold fines, but not enough to recover, even at today's gold prices.

Besides, the mine in question was in a urban neighborhood with the typical 20' setback from the street right-of-way. The article also included a published picture showing a mound of dirt that was as high as the single-story residence.

I do feel that this person is a good candidate for the "Darwin Award".

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, using GoogleEarth, I found that if he would have kept going, he would have wound up near Suzhou, China! Maybe his detector had better depth than advertised! He was going after the Lost Emperor's Treasure!

Mike

atwater10

Jul 2, 2006
Oakhurst,CA.
Lets see...............60 feet down..........I suppose it could've been "Black Gold" or is that "Texas Tea?"

I'll have to check with Jed Clampett.

Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread