German ww2 gold bars found/70"s or 80"s-high society magazine/photosThe lake is

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: German ww2 gold bars found/70"s or 80"s-high society magazine/photosThe lake

tchimes said:
Was there not a movie called the Odessa Files?

Yes there was, and it was LOOSELY based on a true story about a reporter from "Der Spiegel" (I think). He had heard stories about the ODESSA and investigated after some strange murders had taken place. Frederick Forsythe wrote the book. Very good!

Best,

Mike

eborac

Jan 15, 2005
North Queensland, Australia
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: German ww2 gold bars found/70"s or 80"s-high society magazine/photosThe lake is

hi again,
when i went back to lake toplitz in 2004 i spoke with some locals who said that there was an old lady who watched the dumping of crates as a 16 year old. apparently, after a small group of men had finished dumping the crates ss officers then shot the men on the spot. the bodies were tied to cement pipes and also dumped into the lake. from her vantage point the girl could see that everything was dumped close to the vertical cliff near the deepest part of the lake. i remember when the german diver in the sixties drowned after he had gone below a suspended layer of sunken trees and got caught amongst them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread