man arrested for paying with 2$ bills

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a few years ago I had some half dollars I had from roll searching to use and attempted to pay for my bill at a Burger King in Pearl Harbor, HI. The cashier took the halves to her manager to find out if they were real. I dumbfounded at that - I guess I should be greatful they didn't cuff me.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kids today are not familiar with currency...Have you ever had one try to count you back change the old fashion way?

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This happens a lot more than what we hear about. There's still a large portion of the population that think $2 bills are fake. Why would you fake a $2 bill??

About 15 years ago a Taco Bell wouldn't take my Susan B. Anthony coins because they were "no good". They caught me on an off day when I was too tired to argue about it and I just left hungry.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have about 20 Chucky Cheese Coins Think I Could Get A Cheese Burger For Them ??? :sign10: Chug :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtscratcher said:
In the late 1980s I work at a sawmill in Columbia Falls Montana. Timber industry was being shut down by enviros. All the mills in the area made payroll with $2 bills to show where money went. They ask us to pay all bills with the $2 bills. People like these would have a hay day.
Geneva Steel in Utah used two-dollar bills to send a message to the community and surrounding areas. In 1989, Geneva Steel paid its employee bonuses in $2 bills. When the bills began showing up everywhere, people recognized the importance of the company to the local economy.

$2 bills have been printed for circulation since 1862. They stopped printing them in 1966 until they reintroduced them in 1976 for the bicentennial celebration. It's a crying shame that someone who is supposed to be "enforcing the law" doesn't even know what kind of money his government has in circulation. I'm sorry but unless you are under the age of (i'll stretch this) 14 or your a complete moron then you should have at least heard of $2 bills before, even if you've never actually seen one "in the wild".

M

mikusek

When a Sovereign Nation such as ours allows a president as counterfeit as a $3 bill to take office, everything becomes suspect.

idigjars

Feb 27, 2012
SW Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's unbelievable. I collect these until I get a few hundred dollars worth then cash them in for hundreds. I guess I better not try spending them. haha Thanks for the post. Paul :)

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
here in MO we never get them, but in WA state, it's the change you get when you take the ferry, so $2 bills are everywhere there. not sure many cashiers here would recognize one as real. Poor man, I would be so angry!

4dcr

Mar 31, 2006
Boston
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, White's DFX & Garrett ACE 250
Maybe the computerized cash registers that show the clerks how much change to give the customer should also show pictures of what American money looks like so they don't give the wrong bills as change.

HH
4dcr

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say we all go into Best buy on the same day as a mob, and purchase something with only $2 bills and show how wrong this was!! Or even better , with only 1/2's!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions