man arrested for paying with 2$ bills

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
The kids at Best buy really need to leave the legitimizing (is that a word) of US currency to the professionionals and just do their own job.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
What a buncha rubes :laughing7:.....NGE

OP
OP
F

falcolnx

Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Ace 150 currently
had me laughing for awhile. I hope he gets a good settlement after all that

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP!!! Sounds and smells just like a $20 million dollar lawsuit to me!!!!

Maybe I should go to the banks and get every $2 bill I can get and start spending it all over the place and see if I can get arrested using it! I sure could use the wrongful arrest lawsuit money! Both from the department store/establishment and the police department!!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Police were Just as much at Fault.
It's pretty Bad when They don't even Know What Money Looks Like.

If they were Counterfeit they all would have had the same Number

& probably Been $100.00 bills

I'm sure The store will Call again For their Money.
I Hope he takes All $2.00 Bills in again

Or loose Golden Dollars

A man trying to pay a fee using $2 bills was arrested, handcuffed and taken to jail after clerks at a Best Buy store questioned the currency's legitimacy and called police.
According to an account in the Baltimore Sun, 57-year-old Mike Bolesta was shocked to find himself taken to the Baltimore County lockup in Cockeysville, Md., where he was handcuffed to a pole for three hours while the U.S. Secret Service was called to weigh in on the case.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable how dumb can people be and they blame it on this: Baltimore County police spokesman Bill Toohey told the Sun: "It's a sign that we're all a little nervous in the post-9/11 world."
Hope he gets a big payoff in his lawsuit and asks for $2.00 bills. :laughing9: :laughing9:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Keep in mind the cited article was dated April, 2007. A lot of people have never seen a $2 bill, and may not realize they are legal tender. Many people also have not seen a half-disme, and may not realize that is legal tender too. Still.

If he has not already started a lawsuit, it's probably too late to do so now. But it would have been an interesting case.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would Sue Best Buy for money they have not even made yet. And then the Police dept would pay the same. And I would not let this go no matter who ask me to .
This crap is going on all over and getting worse.

And to think now they have Wally world policing the people who come in there stores and buy things.
I can not even believe we have come to this point in this Nation .

newfie

Greenie
Feb 20, 2011
Dawsonville, Ga
Detector(s) used
whites,fisher
maybe I'll try buying something at our local BB, I've got several hundred dollars in 2$ bills I've had for 10 years now, see what happens......

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
There was a similar story a while back about the same thing happening at a mall food court. They called mall security on the guy for trying to pay with fake money ($2 bills). Luckily the mall cop knew that they were real and it didn't go any further. I find it a little disturbing that a police officer detained this guy and hauled him in, $2 bills have been around for along time...there is no excuse for an authority figure not to be smart enough to figure out what was going on before putting this guy through so much trouble. I doubt if he was as traumatized as he let on in the article but it would serve the police dept. and Best Buy right if they have to endure legal proceedings for being so !gnorant.

Charlie

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would make no sense to Counterfeit odd Bills like $2.00
Bills.

Would Make More sense to Counterfeit $1.00 Bills.

Last thing a Counterfeiter wants anyone to do is Look twice at them. :dontknow:

bwirth1999

Jun 23, 2007
Belvidere, IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one more reason to NEVER EVER shop at Best Buy... That is the worst big box store in history....

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
It says right on them "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private" by the law they have to take them or mark the debt void.... N defiantly law suit, humiliation, filing false charges, and against the police for not knowing any better.

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
There is a big scrap metal yard here in Houston that advertises on tv and radio that they pay in $2 bills. Must be pretty common if they have that big of a supply.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
lets see -- the MASSIVE grounds for law suit include -- subjecting him to the public humilation of being arrested AND TAKEN DOWNTOWN AND DETAIN FOR SOME TIME , causing a false arrest (sue both best buy and the cops) , defamation of character ( they said I'm a counterfiet money passer /maker )- SO sue BOTH best buy (FOR NOT TRAINING THEIR CASHIERS TO "KNOW" WHAT IS LEGAL MONEY and the cops for not knowing better than to arrest me because I paid with $2 bills which are are legal tender money -- surprise you buncha idiots !!! --

IF IT WAS ME --YOU BET i'D HAVE A VERY GOOD LAWYER LINED UP ON BOTH OF EM.

HAVE ME ARRESETED ON BS CHARGES LIKE THAT ? --- OH NO YOU DID NOT.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
They may not have taken the $2 bills, but I bet they would have taken the $3 Bill Clinton bills.... :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions