New buffalos being handed over to public!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (added pictures)

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Re: New buffalos being handed over to public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??

Please explain....are these proofs? Or are they so rare they are worth paying 5 times their face value?

Color me ignerunt....
;)

A

Aguila

HUH? Say again please.

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

You remember the 2004 buffalo nickels from the westward journy series right? They are selling rolls of them with only 25 coins in each roll, not 40. The only way to get these is to order them from the mint or treasury. All of the coins are in uncirculated condition in each roll. It costs only $7.00 a roll. The coins have never been in the hands of the public but are being released for only 2 or 3 days. Here are some pictures of the article... my scanners not working right...they will be posted in a min...

Attachments

• DSCF2117.JPG
    DSCF2117.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 445
OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

another pic...

Attachments

• DSCF2118.JPG
    DSCF2118.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 437

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Hey Gang,

If you look at the top of the page you will see the words "ADVERTISEMENT"
several times.

It ia probably from the"National Collectors Mint" or some such entity.
Basically they probably bought them around face value and now trying to make a huge profit on them.
Buyer Beware,

Mike in SC

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I called them to order one roll, the number i had to call was the treasury department of the United States government. It was just in the "advertisement" section of the newspaper because they are trying to sell them. In the second pictures you can see U.S. mint written on the bags of coins.

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Well coolcash,

When you read the paper in the first pic 3rd paragraph it say these come from the "World Reserve Monetary Exchange" and the the 4th paragraph admits that it is a non government angency. True the bags came from the US mint. They have "Return to US Mint" written on them.Also the US Mint will not give you free coins for buying some like the ad says.

Just my 2 centavos,
Mike in SC

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thats true mike, i only scanned over the article and didnt see that, thanks. I did order one roll though and maybe in a few years it might be worth something. Il let you know if the coins are really in uncirculated condition when they get here. You never know, it was only $7.00.

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Hey Coolcash,

They are pretty coins . You will probably be very satisfied with them . Something to leave the kids. I have seen the uncirulated ones fetch nice prices on EBay !!

I just hate they way they advertise like it is all official or something.
I saw another one that will give you a free silver eagle only if you order by credit card to pay the $4.95 shipping fee.
Why would you need my CC # when i could send a M/O and keep my CC info private ?

Watch out for these guys,

Mike in SC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread