Judge rejects incredible claim to the $900million boulder-sized Bahia Emerald

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Who ever owns it that is one beautiful rock! But you know his story could have credibility, people are murdered for as little and a pair of shoes, so to just what lengths do you think someone would go to for several hundred million bucks? Heck there is a movie in the theaters now by the name of "Unknown" similar scenario involving corporations the legnths they would go to for a big profit... (yeah I don't want to give away the full plot for those of you that have yet to see it, but tis Good movie.)
Back 20 years ago I was into buying uncut emeralds and ruby in bulk, and once in a while you would find a real treasure in the pile.
So his story is very plausible, my only thought is though had I purchased this stone, something with so much potential, I would have been down there myself, seeing it crated up and would have baby sat it all the way home.....

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Good point, but that is essentially why he lost his case. If it was his, he simply did too many things wrong all the way. I know people are that dumb, but if you are that dumb about something worth millions, you lose it. Sounds like all he had was a nice story to tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread