Pirates treasure in Newfoundland ?

Boardwalker

Greenie
Mar 29, 2005
Cedarrat, I am not sure whether there is indeed treasure at the bottom of the shaft, although there are some intriguing bits of "evidence" apparently recovered over a period of time. Concerning Blackbeard however, do you reckon that he would be able to just keep accumulating his booty for years (in one or more locations) and then feel it would be more secure to gather all of it together and deposit it on Oak Island?
Edward Teach was the subject of a reward offer posted by the governor of Virginia...100 pounds for the death or capture of Blackbeard.... on Nov 24, 1718. Problem was, he didn't know that Blackbeard was already two days dead, and his skull was by that time being groomed as a drinking cup. Not much time to do anything other than kiss his ass goodbye I am afraid. 'Drink and the devil have done for the rest...yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.'
Boardwalker

Harley digs it

Jun 27, 2005
New Brunswick, Canada
I just want to throw my 2 cents in. I grew up in Nova Scotia and have been to Oak Island. First the water filtration deal isn't viable, I don't think they would do that there since the island is so close to the mainland which abounds in freshwater lakes and streams. If anyone was shipwrecked there and stayed there long enough to build a well like that then they were the worst sailors ever because u could easily swim to the mainland lol. They owners of the island built a causeway to it and its not even more then 500m away from the mainland(the tides aren't that in that area).

Also they have brought up gold coins, gold chains, and various other things from their excavation and drilling attempts. Some of which they had on display for the public to view for the short time they did open the Island up to the public. This was an attempt to raise funds for future excavation and drilling. This didn't last very long because, well there isn't much to see there. A few drilling set ups and the money pit itself. Which is a large dark hole in the ground with reinforced walls, basically a large well.

Still there is always the allure that oneday they will retrieve the treasure and identify it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread