Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I'm kicking myself, I could have invested in them. O! Well. I hope everything goes well for them. :thumbsup:

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Fascinating stuff! Reminds me of a movie starring Charles Bronson called 'Cabo Blanco'. These guys definitely have the balls, the brains and the backing (financial & historical), now it's time for 'em to bring all that platinum up to the surface.... However, as in the movie there's that old Spanish saying: "ORO ES TRABAJO" --- i.e. sometimes finding treasure is the easy part. Just ask Odyssey Marine Exploration about their recent woes with a shipwreck they found that belongs to Spain. I personally hope this group is a little more successful with their quest here.
HH
-spyguy

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You think this archeological treasure belongs to Portugal?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope there are no unforeseen legal problems with this one. They jumped through all the hoops so to speak, so it should be clear sailing. :thumbsup:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we NOW KNOW who is going to get it thats if for sure!!!

"A U.S. Treasury ledger from the time showed that the federal government was awaiting a shipment of 1.7 million ounces of platinum that never arrived. Brooks said he and his team connected the dots to arrive at the conclusion that the mysterious Port Nicholson was carrying a payment from the U.S.S.R. to America for war supplies."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread