jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEMPHIS, TN - (WMC-TV) - A Bartlett man found thousands of dollars inside an item he bought on eBay.

James Labrecque sold an old safe on eBay for $122.93.

"I made a mistake, you know, that's what it boils down to," said Labrecque. "And it cost me dearly."

Labrecque, an eBay user for more than 15 years, said he did not have the combination to the safe and believed it to be just another item to turn around.

"I thought it was empty," he said. "I shook it and I didn't feel anything inside of it, so I figured, well, maybe it's just a locked safe, you know. So I put it on eBay."

http://www.wmctv.com/story/16944877/bartlett-man-finds-26000-in-safe-bought-on-ebay

I Wonder IF It's True.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Score for the buyer. :thumbsup:

Ha! The seller then has the nerve to ask for a cut and tries to justify his request while having the following Terms: :icon_scratch:
What you see is what you get....No returns.....No money back :evil5:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story! Where did the safe come from, if he just thought to turn it around and make some money off it? If he is mister nice guy, then he could offer the person from whom he got the safe from, in the first place. He doesnt seem to have any actual claim to the money anyway, its the previous owner that is out the 26k. He thought he was selling a worthless safe, without a combination, now he sees it worth something, and would like his share! Thats right, NO MONEY BACK!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread