Burried WWII Spitfires found

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! If that man asks for help I will donate some of my modest means to try to help him .

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another example of someone with wealth and power thinking they can "buy out" someone who did all the leg work. "Mr. Brooks wants all rights handed over to him, including media rights, and if there's any money
over he says he might pay me something. It's appalling."... Darn right it's appalling. What gives this billionaire the right to swoop in and take over this man's completely legal dig? Just because some British community leader sends this whack-job instead of manning up himself and getting over there firsthand? I'm just surprised a dig of this magnitude hasn't made it on prime-time television. These planes are absolutely legendary, and I'm pretty sure the European side of the war would have been lost, or at least dragged out several more years, if not for these planes. Makes me sad.​

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, if I were that guy, I'd be spittin' fire.

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sure that explosives aren't that hard to come by in Burma. If Richie Rich tries to swoop in and take this incredible find I'd rather see them blown them up than let some jack-stick steal them. But that aside, what an incredible find! Simply amazing. I'm sure these would be easier to recover than those P-38s out of the ice in Greenland.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I'm sure that explosives aren't that hard to come by in Burma. If Richie Rich tries to swoop in and take this incredible find I'd rather see them blown them up than let some jack-stick steal them. But that aside, what an incredible find! Simply amazing. I'm sure these would be easier to recover than those P-38s out of the ice in Greenland.
I understand your frustration . Still , I cringe at the attitude of "If I can't have it , nobody will !"
It would be beyond criminal to destroy suck priceless planes simply out of spite .

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I understand your frustration . Still , I cringe at the attitude of "If I can't have it , nobody will !"
It would be beyond criminal to destroy suck priceless planes simply out of spite .
Truckin, cringe all you want, for I think you are taking my comment too literally.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread