Upcoming Gold Rush in Haiti

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Came across this article today and thought some of you might be interested. As it turns out, the fault lines in northern Haiti and the Dominican Republic are filled with gold, silver and copper.

It also really opens up the possibility of offshore gold dredging along the Septentrional Fault, something which I don't think they are even considering yet. Something some of you entrepeneureal types might consider. Anyway, here is the article:

Gold! Haiti eyes potential $20 billion boom - World news - Americas - msnbc.com

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That country is so dirt poor they could use something like this to pick things up.

Kurt

May 16, 2012
London
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But the environmetal impact for this country would be disastrous. And the Haitians wouldn't get rich with this gold. Other countries would exploit them, take all the gold without sharing of the pie. And Haiti would stay one of the poorest country in the world!

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Because of the rampant and pervasive corruption in both Haiti and the Dominican Republic there is little chance that mining would positively impact the beautiful people who live on the island.

The government "officials" in both countries are so greedy that they even force bribes from aid workers bringing medicines & medical supplies into the countries (I know this from experience) so I could only imagine the bribes required to mine gold there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread