jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Council Member Ed Hardesty, owner of Hardesty Enterprises, is planning a metal detector’s day in Carthage’s parks, in conjunction with National Metal Detector’s Day, an industry sponsored day for metal detector hobbyists.
Hardesty said he’s inviting homeowners to give their register if they would like someone to bring a detector to their property, especially if that property lies on the possible routes taken by Civil War soldiers who tore through town on July 5, 1861.
That was the day when approximately 1,100 Union and 6,000 Missouri State Guard soldiers battled through Carthage in what some historians say was the first real battle of the Civil War.
Hardesty told the Carthage City Council he decided to plan the event after what he called was some miscommunication last year when a metal detector hobbyist found artifacts that could date back to the 1860s in Carter Park.

Carthage plans for National Metal Detecting Day - Carthage, MO - Carthage Press

Common Cents

Nov 8, 2011
MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was curious if there were many finds in Carthage, this was one of my local areas to hunt,we have had permission to hunt the parks even in the early 1980`s, when some great targets were recovered.My friends and I pounded these areas until we were going to other locations that proved to be more lucrative.I was using a White`s 6DBH.There was also a local club nearby, with at least 30,to 40 members.We have been there in the last two years with E-Tracs,and Explorers,and again have moved on to better locations.I hope with all of the searching last Saturday someone got lucky!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread