hoard worth 10 million found in jersey C.I

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting story... and another reason why I am glad I live in America. If I found a treasure like that here, it would be property of ME, not some bloody QUEEN! Don't get me wrong, I have been to London and I loved it there. I plan to take my wife and kids there again next summer. BUT SERIOUSLY, it's 2012. And we still have first world countries ruled by QUEENS and KINGS? Friggin amazing.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Queen is a figure head with no power but does attract the tourists. As for the treasure find as they have not done anything underhand they will be rewarded and will not have to pay any tax whilst in the U.S. Federal Income tax laws would apply.

OP
OP
B

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
the article is media speak , they will get the value of the coins shared between the land owner and them ,thats if they had permission to detect there in the 1st place which is fairly certain.
then due to its size it will likley end up in a museum after as its a good draw and a item of historic interest .
2 hoards were found Roman and Celtic .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions