Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read this Story on Yahoo... Its pretty wild. They said the tree was Planted in 1909

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That's really interesting, I wonder how many more graveyards have been moved by just moving the head stones and leaving the remains behind. That sucks, kind of ticks me off thinking about it.

ragu

Dec 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Yeah that is pretty rediculous.... I just shook my head when I read that line.... I hope that is an old practice that was outlawed, but still, how many have been moved like that?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! That's wicked! Perhaps it's probable that the tree grew too big that they couldn't move this person. idk.
I read where they said 5000 to 10,000 souls buried there, Wow! Could it have been that, back in the day, that was just too much of an undertaking, to attempt to move that many ppl? Just saying.......

I do find it sad, if there has been intentional disrespect, however sometimes situations deem, well...... Also too, if it was from a flu epidemic or such, they may have had fear of ressurecting disease amongst those dead souls back into the living population, as well. Just saying...... most today, would have no clue of day to day living in 1799, and what it might actually entail.

And NOW, they are going to investigate it? Bwahahahaha. Just what we need, our paid officials out on a scavenger hunt for 200 yr old dead ppl! I'm sure there will have to be a committee created, much research done, polls sent out, to determine what they should do, much brainstorming, planning, and documenting to be done, etc, etc........ and in the end, nothing will get done. Well, except more of our tax dollars wasted and some mayors cousins getting new jobs.

Ever heard the expression, let the dead bury the dead? Sometimes, best to just let sleeping dogs lie.
We got enough problems in this world happening right now today, than to waste too much money and man hours, worrying about something from 200 years ago, imho.

dang it, guess that expression, "in a 100 years what will it matter?", will hafta be thrown out the window now! :icon_scratch:

hey diggindumps, good to see you friend! :wave:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an absolutely stupid last line. "police have not launched an investigation". OF WHAT?!

There are LOTS of markerless cemetaries around the country. Lot of graves used to marked with just a wooden board, or nothing at all. After a few years the boards had disappeared, blown away, or rotted.

Nothing about that to get angry about, or cause a police investigation.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i won,t say what found in my yard then

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an absolutely stupid last line. "police have not launched an investigation". OF WHAT?!
Ooooppps! My bad! LOL! I can only magnify my screen to 150%! LOL! So much for glossing.......
I may hafta claim RUI, too! :read2: :drunken_smilie:

In my best Rosana Dana voice, "Never mind"!

Wait....... did you dig up Fluffy? :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread