Visa Infinite card, made with pure gold, 26 diamonds, and inlaid mother of pearl

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please loose one near me :laughing7:

MOSCOW - American Express may call one of its cards the Gold Card, but a bank in Kazakhstan is announcing plans to issue an exclusive new bank card it claims is the world's first made entirely of gold, diamonds and pearls.

The bank produced a video highlighting the card's luxurious components.

A spokeswoman for the bank told ABC News it will cost $100,000 to obtain the gold card. About $65,000 of that goes into minting the card itself (customers will receive a plastic version as well), and the remaining $35,000 will remain in the user's account. After the first year it will also carry a $2,000 a year fee.

Bank Makes Gold Card With Real Gold | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to cllick the link just to read the article for myself. Love the reader comments, best one: "Sorry Sir, I tried to run this card, and it came back saying I should confiscate it." :laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to cllick the link just to read the article for myself. Love the reader comments, best one: "Sorry Sir, I tried to run this card, and it came back saying I should confiscate it." :laughing7:

LOL
"The first card is going to Borat" ? :laughing9:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And just what can you do with that card? I doubt that you would give it to any clerk or waiter in a restaurant, so what do you do, just flash it around to your friends? Oh yeah, you get $250,000 worth of insurance. You can afford the card, but you need some cheap insurance, that wont even cover anything serious? This is probably one of the most useless items ever produced, except maybe for the "shoe metal detector"!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would be funny if someone put it in a cash machine & it ate it

report says customers will receive a plastic version as well.

I guess it's just a status symbol to hook that special lady
who needs to know she's eventually going to be entitled to the gold half :laughing7:

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this will get the Kardasian's out of the US. I'm sure they could have their choice of gated caves to inhabit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread