In the news: jars of gold dust found in attic

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
Sorry about those advertising links. I tried to delete them but they won't go away!$300,000 In Gold Dust Found In Sacramento Home During HVAC Installation « CBS Sacramento

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento homeowners called for what was going to be an expensive new heating and air system but ending up striking gold.
Workers installing the equipment found a secret gold stash hidden away in the house.
They pride on customer service at Clark & Rush, but this is one guarantee they say they can’t make, finding gold on every house call. The total value of what they found was $300,000 worth of gold. The total cost of the HVAC installation was around $6,500.
After hundreds and hundreds of HVAC installations, Steve Ottley said the jackpot discovery was one of a kind.
“I still can’t believe it today,” he said. “It’s unreal. We kind of just looked at each other and said ‘wow’.”
Back in September, beneath the floor grill of an older home, Steve and his partner discovered 12 baby food jars filled to the brim with gold dust.

“I looked at it and said, ‘I think that’s gold,’” he said.
Clark & Rush has been in Sacramento for 50 years and they’re celebrating their golden anniversary. But don’t expect a guarantee of “gold after every installation.”
“That’s one promise we can’t make, but I can say this, the integrity and professionalism of Clark & Rush, every time we find this type of thing, we are always trustworthy and upfront,” Mark Thyne said.
Where the gold came from is still a mystery. The lucky homeowners didn’t want to be part of the story, but we’re told they’re handling their new gold just fine.
And in a moment of honesty, Steve told us for a split-second he considered sneaking off with the golden discovery.
“I’ve had similar incidents happened to me where jewelry and gold was taken from me,” he said.
Believe it or not, this isn’t the first time this has happened at Clark and Rush. Back in the 1980s workers discovered $25,000 worth of gold coins.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes one wonder how many of these we do NOT hear about.

wyeast64

Jun 8, 2004
The homeowners better pray their address does not become public. If it does, you can bet every relative of every previous owner (and their lawyers) will be knocking on the door claiming the gold. I will bet we have not heard the last of this story.

Last edited:
S

stefen

A few years back, contractors were remodeling an apartment over a wharf side restaurant, into a B & B, formerly an Eureka California bordello.

They found pouches of gold dust and nuggets hidden in the walls.

Eureka, located north of San Francisco, on the northern Redwood Coast, was founded in the mid-1800's. Doubling as a fishing harbor and shipping center, Eureka hosted numerous travelers from the local gold fields, and from Alaska...

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
A few years back, contractors were remodeling an apartment over a wharf side restaurant, into a B & B, formerly an Eureka California bordello.

They found pouches of gold dust and nuggets hidden in the walls.

Eureka, located north of San Francisco, on the northern Redwood Coast, was founded in the mid-1800's. Doubling as a fishing harbor and shipping center, Eureka hosted numerous travelers from the local gold fields, and from Alaska...

I've been there!!! A few years back we stopped there overnight on a cross country trip. Beautiful costal area, with gold mines close by.

Last edited:
S

stefen

Year back, beer bottles filled with nuggets and gold dust was found buried in an abandoned minors shack on Catalina Island, 24 miles from Los Angeles Ca.

Not sure of the amount found or if the finders were able to keep the goodies...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread